Re: "New" SMART bridge from BNSF in Texas arrives in Napa.
Author: BOB2
Date: 06-12-2012 - 07:59

More traffic for the NWP......how's the grain and other traffic coming along?

This is a "SMART" cost saving move. Using a recycled bridge has been a great success in saving costs in the restoration of the V & T, too.....

Recyling the double track ATSF steel Freeway bridges on the Gold Lie phase I to Pasadena, saved a fortune. Rehabilitating the Arroyo Seco high bridge with a double track platform also saved a lot.

I still don't know what the Gold Line Authority is going to do in the way of retrofting or reusing the old ATSF steel bridges on the Gold Line Azusa extension. Colorado is apparently being replaced entirely with a double track concrete bridge as part of the new Santa Anita grade separation and raising of the road bed grade. Huntington is now a single track span, but Azusa is a two track bridge. I don't know what is intended for those two steel bridges, if anyone knows, please let me know?

I don't even think we could find a competitive US vendor to build a new steel bridge at anything like a competitive, or even close to an inflation adjusted cost. This would likely all have to be custom and/or foreign, as new steel rr bridges in the US is becoming a lost industrial engineering art.

All of this good news about action on SMART and increasing operations NWP must just make the Marin trolls who seem to hate Thomas absolutely boil over.......

And, none of this was coming through the traffic on 101 this morning, either.....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  "New" SMART bridge from BNSF in Texas arrives in Napa. NWP1922 06-11-2012 - 21:43
  Re: "New" SMART bridge from BNSF in Texas arrives in Napa. BOB2 06-12-2012 - 07:59
  Re: "New" SMART bridge from BNSF in Texas arrives in Napa. Capdiamont 06-12-2012 - 08:58
  Re: "New" SMART bridge from BNSF in Texas arrives in Napa. the old bridge? 06-12-2012 - 12:23
  Re: "New" SMART bridge from BNSF in Texas arrives in Napa. David 06-12-2012 - 16:20
  Re: "New" SMART bridge from BNSF in Texas arrives in Napa. david i 06-12-2012 - 17:45
  Re: "New" SMART bridge from BNSF in Texas arrives in Napa. Caboverbob 06-12-2012 - 21:12
  Re: "New" SMART bridge from BNSF in Texas arrives in Napa. NWPrailfanZMT 06-13-2012 - 00:14
  Re: "New" SMART bridge from BNSF in Texas arrives in Napa. ron 06-13-2012 - 07:35

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com