SP's Oakland Pier Story in "S-P TRAINLINE"
Author: Ken Shattock (KRK)
Date: 07-05-2012 - 18:44

Hi Everybody--
Well, I apologize for even bringing this up--but I'm starting to get Emails saying Thank You for writing this...

I made the "big time" and got my "Oakland Pier" (Mole) story in the Summer issue of S-P TRAINLINE that John Signor is the Editor of. It turned out GREAT and with all the nice photos, takes up some FOURTEEN pages in the magazine. If you are currently a reader of "S-P TRAINLINE" then sit back and read what I think is a great story.
Between myself, John Signor, Photobob and a few others, the photos take you back to a time when the general populace traveled by train and to do so in the "Southern Pacific-style" was an exercise in luxury. I hope you all enjoy it !

I am currently working on another story for John, having to do with the SP's involvement with a community project in the Bay Area in the late 40's. It should be another "best seller".

And, as a reminder, Greg Scholl Video Productions will be releasing the 70-minute video on
"SP STEAM FANTRIPS" (1951--1958) never seen by the Public before. There were three technical consultants helping Greg on this project over a long period of time: Phil Gosney, Evan Werkema and myself. Watch for a Fall-2012 release.

Our next SP Steam video will be "SP STEAM VARIETY" with some outstanding scenes dating clear back to the 1930's in the Tehachapi's. Don't miss this one either. But, we still have a long way to go on that one.

Thanks to all of you for your attention.

Ken Shattock (KRK)

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  SP's Oakland Pier Story in "S-P TRAINLINE" Ken Shattock (KRK) 07-05-2012 - 18:44
  Re: SP's Oakland Pier Story in "S-P TRAINLINE" DH 07-07-2012 - 17:13
  Re: SP's Oakland Pier Story in "S-P TRAINLINE" Margaret (SP fan) 07-07-2012 - 19:32
  Re: SP's Oakland Pier Story in "S-P TRAINLINE" Allan 07-08-2012 - 18:57
  Re: SP Electrification & others Ken Shattock (KRK) 07-11-2012 - 19:51

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com