Re: Genesee & Wyoming lands agreement to acquire RailAmerica
Author: Jon
Date: 07-23-2012 - 12:42

I was wondering that myself, as GWRR will want to shed the RA corporate image of the last few years under Fortress ownership, especially in light of the discouraged southern Oregon and Siskiyou County, CA shippers.

Plus, GWRR would be able to eliminate a a few management positions. Recently I looked at the RA website and noticed that a few railroads are overseen by the same GM. If the CORP and PNWR are merged into one, other issues such as dispatching and MoW would most likely be consolidated.

It will also be interesting to see what happens with CFNR, especially the old SP West Valley Line. There have been rumors of UP wanting to regain operation of that branch. Then again, would GWRR have enough clout to negotiate rights of some sort between Tehama and Black Butte? Perhaps PNWR/CORP could become a third I-5 corridor railroad between Vancouver and Davis, competing against BNSF and UP?!!

Overall, I am in favor of this consolidation, as I think RA employees will be happier under GWR and hopefully customers will find better service.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Genesee & Wyoming lands agreement to acquire RailAmerica Jon 07-23-2012 - 08:19
  Re: Genesee & Wyoming lands agreement to acquire RailAmerica Graham Buxton 07-23-2012 - 11:38
  Re: Genesee & Wyoming lands agreement to acquire RailAmerica Tom McCann 07-23-2012 - 12:09
  Re: Genesee & Wyoming lands agreement to acquire RailAmerica Jon 07-23-2012 - 12:42
  Re: Genesee & Wyoming lands agreement to acquire RailAmerica Juppo 07-24-2012 - 14:25

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com