Question for CZ/Passenger Car Experts
Author: R.L. Zampa
Date: 08-13-2012 - 09:02

While working a transfer job at UPRR West Oakland yard, I noticed a cut of passenger cars adjacent to the RIP track facility. Three former California Zephyr cars(Silver Lariat, Silver Solarium,Silver Rapids) were present along with a baggage car; "Silver Peak." This baggage car looked very similar to the original CZ baggage cars with a couple exceptions; a vestibule at one end of the car, and the length of the car seemed to be the same length as the CZ cars (CZ baggage cars were shorter)to which it was coupled to. I didn't have time for a closer look, however the "baggage" car did appear to be Budd built. I was wondering if anyone knows the original identity of the "Silver Peak", and has someone in fact altered this car to make it appear to be an original CZ baggage car? And just for clarification (that means you "Part Time"), I'm not a "nuts, bolts and rivets" type foamer (not that there's anything wrong with that), just an old fart rail who grew up with the original CZ. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Question for CZ/Passenger Car Experts R.L. Zampa 08-13-2012 - 09:02
  Re: Question for CZ/Passenger Car Experts RJW 08-13-2012 - 09:53
  Re: Question for CZ/Passenger Car Experts Carol L. Voss 08-13-2012 - 10:40
  Re: Question for CZ/Passenger Car Experts Tom Moungovan 08-13-2012 - 11:08
  Re: Question for CZ/Passenger Car Experts RL Z 08-13-2012 - 13:09
  Re: Question for CZ/Passenger Car Experts RLZ 08-13-2012 - 13:14

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com