Re: Western Coal-fired generating - roundup?
Author: Dave Smith
Date: 10-25-2007 - 23:23

Hey, I'm all for increasing my carbon footprint! Because like most educated people I know there is nothing but sham invested in this whole climate fraud being shoved down our throats.

For what it's worth, it is my view that coal will continue to be a major energy source for the US, just not necessarily for the purpose of generating electricity. Remember, the US is energy independent in the electricity generation sector, and will continue to be even if these carbon-hating morons legislate coal-fired plants out of existence, for no other reason than the next logical lowest-cost generation source would then be nuclear.

Where the US is lacking in energy independence is of course in the production of liquid transportation fuels, since most of our oil is now imported into the US. With at least a 200 year supply of coal under our soil, it is imperitive that we utilize that coal to replace imported oil vis-a-vis coal liquification. Synthetic fuels derived from coal make a lot more sense than using farm crops for the production of ethanol and biodiesel. Diesel fuel derived from coal is a lot more environmentally friendly than biodiesel by a long shot - less particulant, less SOX, less NOX. And if we utilize nuclear power to provide the process steam for coal liquification we can sharply reduce the plant's CO2 emissions, hopefully to the point of not needing to be subjected to any carbon trading ponzi schemes as mandated by expected federal rules - in effect, a nuclear powered coal liquification plant simply transfers the burden of carbon sequestration from the plant owner to the end users of synthetic fuels, e.g. us drivers, where it is less likely the voters will tolerate carbon caps on their vehicle usage.

And since coal liquification plants need a nearby water source, it makes sense that said coal will continue to be transported by rail from the PRB coalfields to liquification plants located near sufficient water sources.

So rather than seeing CO2 regulation as a death knell for the railroads, I can see where it might actually become a boon for the railroads, assuming things turn out as I envisioned. But of course I will always oppose CO2 regulation for the simply fact that it's so incredibly pointless!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Western Coal-fired generating - roundup? Carbon-Positive, and Proudly 10-23-2007 - 20:13
  Re: Western Coal-fired generating - roundup? Dave Smith 10-25-2007 - 23:23

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com