Re: Mojave Narrows Four Decades Later
Author: Mike Lepker
Date: 02-03-2013 - 11:57

I have always loved that area. Having lived in Barstow for 23 years, one thing I would do was to load up My old Honda 200 ATC and head to the Narrows. Those days the branch was still in to George Air Force base and You could simply drive right in with no problem down to the water. Watch trains, get warm, ride the ATC in the water, cool off, watch trains, get warm, more ATC riding, repeat process ALL DAY ! ! ! There also used to be a rope hanging down from under the bridge to swing from and drop off into the water. What awesome days those were ! ! UP DD-40s, DD-35s, pool power, ATSF F and FP-45s, the day would end with some very nice views. And You couldn't ask for a nicer place to shoot a Director's Special. Thanks for sharing those views ! !

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  1946 Derailment at Mojave Narrows - UP Train 223 with UP 835 Pdxrailtransit 02-01-2013 - 12:31
  Re: 1946 Derailment at Mojave Narrows - UP Train 223 with UP 835 E 02-01-2013 - 12:53
  Re: 1946 Derailment at Mojave Narrows - UP Train 223 with UP 835 trainjunkie 02-01-2013 - 13:46
  Mojave Narrows Four Decades Later Pdxrailtransit 02-01-2013 - 15:23
  Re: Mojave Narrows Four Decades Later Mike Lepker 02-03-2013 - 11:57

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com