Re: Are there many trains through Chiloquin Oregon?
Author: Matt C. Batrynrodriguez
Date: 04-18-2013 - 15:38

Steve (and anyone else interested),

Its been a few months since I've been up that way, so my info my be a little outa date... But for what its worth...

Through Chiloquin you'll get UP, BNSF, and Amtrak as already stated.

Amtrak: 2 Trains a day
NB:
- 14 (Northbound Coast Starlight
SB:
- 11 (Southbound Coast Starlight

UP: I would say between 6-10 trains a day. It really varies as not every train runs every day, and there of course will be extras. Here are some of the symbols you could expect:
NB:
- ZLCBR - LATC to Booklyn Z train. Last I checked was running 6x a week
- ZLCBRR - Second section of the NB Z train. Was only 3x a week
- IOASE / IOASER - Intermodal train from Oakland to Seattle. 1x a week.
- MRVPW
- MRVPT
- MRVHK - These three manifest I have a tough time telling apart, but I'm not up that way that often. Each of these runs most if not all days, with second sections as needed.
SB:
- ZBRLC - Southbound Brooklyn Z train 6x a week
- QPWRV
- QPDRV
- QHKRV - Again I have a tough time telling the manifest trains apart. I'm sure someone more local can chime in on this. Each of these runs most if not all days, with second sections as needed.
Locals:
- LIM70 - Local based out of Klamath Falls. I believe it runs to Gilchrest Jct. and back to KF on Mon, Wed, and Fri.

BNSF: I would say 4-6 trains a day.
I'm not real familiar with their symbols, so not as much help here. I believe they have two NB and two SB manifest that run almost every day. In addition they run baretables, grain trains, and recently some unit oil trains, but I don't believe any besides the baretables are real regular.

Hope that helps a bit. Best of luck getting out and seeing some trains!
~Matt C. Batrynrodriguez

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Are there many trains through Chiloquin Oregon? Steve Thompson 04-18-2013 - 05:01
  Re: Are there many trains through Chiloquin Oregon? Graham Buxton 04-18-2013 - 05:37
  Re: Are there many trains through Chiloquin Oregon? George Andrews 04-18-2013 - 06:59
  Re: Are there many trains through Chiloquin Oregon? DWR 04-18-2013 - 13:26
  Re: Are there many trains through Chiloquin Oregon? Matt C. Batrynrodriguez 04-18-2013 - 15:38
  Re: Are there many trains through Chiloquin Oregon? Steve Thompson 04-18-2013 - 16:47
  Edmonton-Roseville Train? Pdxrailtransit 04-18-2013 - 17:16
  Re: Edmonton-Roseville Train? theconductor 04-18-2013 - 23:16
  Re: Edmonton-Roseville Train? Pdxrailtransit 04-19-2013 - 08:59

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com