"Fruitvale Station"
Author: Ken Shattock (KRK)
Date: 07-30-2013 - 19:55

Hi Everybody--
Last Friday, July 26th, a new movie was released to the Nation's theatres telling the controversial story of a young African-American male who was shot and killed by a BART police officer at the "Fruitvale Station" in East Oakland, CA. Only a few blocks from where I lived for several years while growing up in my native Oakland.

The incident was sad and unfortunate and took a young man's life. Hollywood has evidently elected to tell the whole story with a new motion picture entitled "FRUITVALE STATION".

The incident triggered further violence which Oakland has too much of anyway. I only brought this up because it happened in my old neighborhood and what with so many racial problems in our great country today, "WHY" was it necessary to make this motion picture and stir old wounds in the general populace.
And, the subject does indeed involve TRAINS.. In this case, 'BART'-- a public transit system.

Your thoughts, if any, are graciously solicited--but if there are none, we'll just drop the subject. Thank you.

[en.wikipedia.org]

KRK

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  "Fruitvale Station" Ken Shattock (KRK) 07-30-2013 - 19:55
  Re: "Fruitvale Station" Trackwuurk 07-30-2013 - 21:00
  Re: "Fruitvale Station" George Manley 07-30-2013 - 21:08
  Re: "Fruitvale Station" HUTCH 7.62 07-30-2013 - 21:26
  Re: "Fruitvale Station" david vartanoff 08-01-2013 - 12:25
  Re: "Fruitvale Station" HUTCH 7.62 08-02-2013 - 18:54
  Re: "Fruitvale Station" hmarkwart 09-04-2013 - 19:45

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com