Re: "Fruitvale Station"
Author: Trackwuurk
Date: 07-30-2013 - 21:00

I'm planning on seeing this "Fruitvale Station." I'm interested in this movie as a public transit employee, public transit patron, a graduate of an urban planning program, a person who lives in city about the same size as Oakland and someone who is interested in race relations issues.

"Fruitvale Station's" very high rating on the Rottentomatoes.com website is another factor in leading me to see it.

With the combination of my interests, positive reviews and the fact that I am both a transit enthusiast and film head, there is no way I'll pass this up.

While it was not "necessary" for this movie to be made, I feel that the movie's subject is far more worthwhile than those of most of the movies being shown in theaters these days.

I will see all kinds of movies so long as they are not gratuitously violent. While once in a while I want to be merely entertained, typically I prefer to see movies which deal with social issues/controversial subjects.

The producer of this film, the Weinstein Company, is based in New York City, not Hollywood.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  "Fruitvale Station" Ken Shattock (KRK) 07-30-2013 - 19:55
  Re: "Fruitvale Station" Trackwuurk 07-30-2013 - 21:00
  Re: "Fruitvale Station" George Manley 07-30-2013 - 21:08
  Re: "Fruitvale Station" HUTCH 7.62 07-30-2013 - 21:26
  Re: "Fruitvale Station" david vartanoff 08-01-2013 - 12:25
  Re: "Fruitvale Station" HUTCH 7.62 08-02-2013 - 18:54
  Re: "Fruitvale Station" hmarkwart 09-04-2013 - 19:45

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com