Re: On the Way to Canada--The Kettle Falls Railroad
Author: SP5103
Date: 12-11-2013 - 22:37

I visited some friends in Nelson, BC maybe 15 years ago. The BN track above town was still in place but hadn't been used in a while. The CP shops were still there in decent shape, but had not been used for many years. CP was down to one turn that went through Nelson to Trail with mainly ore and some lumber from a few mills and various reloads. I recall hiking into Troup Jct, not much there. It looked like part of the BN line closer to the US border had been recently salvaged at that time, so I'm not sure why the track was still intact to Troup Jct. There was also a small trolley operation along the lake to the city park. Nelson is a beautiful town to visit.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  On the Way to Canada--The Kettle Falls Railroad Drew Jacksich 12-08-2013 - 23:02
  Re: On the Way to Canada--The Kettle Falls Railroad Drew Jacksich 12-08-2013 - 23:15
  Re: On the Way to Canada--The Kettle Falls Railroad Hoghead 1 12-10-2013 - 19:42
  Re: On the Way to Canada--The Kettle Falls Railroad Mueller 12-11-2013 - 11:15
  Re: On the Way to Canada--The Kettle Falls Railroad Drew Jacksich 12-11-2013 - 15:19
  Re: On the Way to Canada--The Kettle Falls Railroad Hoghead 1 12-11-2013 - 20:13
  Re: On the Way to Canada--The Kettle Falls Railroad SP5103 12-11-2013 - 22:37
  Re: On the Way to Canada--The Kettle Falls Railroad J.B.Bane 12-12-2013 - 21:30

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com