Re: On the Way to Canada--The Kettle Falls Railroad
Author: J.B.Bane
Date: 12-12-2013 - 21:30

As I recall the rail is pulled from a point on the eastern outskirts of Fruitvale (where a sawmill is still being served) to Troup Junction the former connection east of Nelson on the CPR. The ROW has signs installed since abandonment indicating it is property of BNSF Railway. There is restoration work going on with the old CPR depot in Nelson which looked pretty sad for a number of years. While I have driven by there many times in recent years I can't say for postive, but I think the locomotive shops have been torn down.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  On the Way to Canada--The Kettle Falls Railroad Drew Jacksich 12-08-2013 - 23:02
  Re: On the Way to Canada--The Kettle Falls Railroad Drew Jacksich 12-08-2013 - 23:15
  Re: On the Way to Canada--The Kettle Falls Railroad Hoghead 1 12-10-2013 - 19:42
  Re: On the Way to Canada--The Kettle Falls Railroad Mueller 12-11-2013 - 11:15
  Re: On the Way to Canada--The Kettle Falls Railroad Drew Jacksich 12-11-2013 - 15:19
  Re: On the Way to Canada--The Kettle Falls Railroad Hoghead 1 12-11-2013 - 20:13
  Re: On the Way to Canada--The Kettle Falls Railroad SP5103 12-11-2013 - 22:37
  Re: On the Way to Canada--The Kettle Falls Railroad J.B.Bane 12-12-2013 - 21:30

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com