Re: more questions, things i heard on seattle scanner
Author: They'd probably fire me
Date: 01-11-2008 - 04:16

Frogged means trapped by another job/train as in " the 302 pulled out in front of us and now we're frogged"...jobs starting with 9 are usually extra switch jobs...400 jobs are ususally relief jobs- those that cover everybody eles'e rest days...you can't hear the Seattle DS because you're closer to the switch jobs' radio, and farther from the repeater site of the DS. Often, we can only hear one side of a converstion, too. When we can barely hear the DS, we can ask them to use a different repeater, and they can usually select a site that is closer to us than what the DS thought he'd answered a 'tone' from...Every yard has their own slang for locations, tracks, or industries. Unless you work the job, you probably won't know what that slang means. The yard I work in has plenty of that! (track 5176 used to be 5141 and was at one time a scale track- so people often say 'put it in the scales', but there's no scales!) Church Ave. is a place we can change crews, so sometimes the Yradmaster will tell an inbound crew calling for yard instructions to "take it to the house of the Lord!"...hope this helps.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  more questions, things i heard on seattle scanner newbie fannie 01-05-2008 - 10:44
  Re: more questions, things i heard on seattle scanner George Andrews 01-05-2008 - 13:38
  Re: more questions, things i heard on seattle scanner Ross Hall 01-07-2008 - 17:39
  Re: more questions, things i heard on seattle scanner They'd probably fire me 01-11-2008 - 04:16

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com