Re: Does Oakland CA suffer from 'Cable Car Envy'? ... no more...
Author: That bus guy
Date: 04-16-2014 - 17:42

PVWB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> The thing that is good about light rail and
> streetcars
> is they get people to switch from cars, which
> buses don't
> do in this country.

If you don't want to ride buses, fine, but don't project your anti-bus bias onto the rest of the population.

I live in a community populated by professionals who have automobiles, but opt to commute by bus to work. This community is served by both local buses operating on streets and bus rapid transit. The bus rapid transit is faster than driving during the peak travel periods and both types of bus services allow riders to avoid the hassles of traffic congestion and costs of parking.

This is not true just for where I live, but other communities in my area as well as all over the United States.

Oh by the way, even though I have a car, I rode the bus to and from work today as I do most days of the month. I spent nearly the entire time on the bus chatting with a finance professional who definitely could afford to drive if she wanted to.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Does Oakland CA suffer from 'Cable Car Envy'? ... no more... Graham Buxton 04-12-2014 - 19:46
  Re: Does Oakland CA suffer from 'Cable Car Envy'? ... no more... Edward 04-12-2014 - 20:54
  Re: Does Oakland CA suffer from 'Cable Car Envy'? ... no more... Tony Johnson 04-12-2014 - 22:47
  Re: Does Oakland CA suffer from 'Cable Car Envy'? ... no more... William 04-13-2014 - 15:06
  Re: Does Oakland CA suffer from 'Cable Car Envy'? ... no more... PVWB 04-13-2014 - 18:02
  Re: Does Oakland CA suffer from 'Cable Car Envy'? ... no more... Erik H. 04-14-2014 - 12:27
  Re: Does Oakland CA suffer from 'Cable Car Envy'? ... no more... PVWB 04-15-2014 - 12:49
  Re: Does Oakland CA suffer from 'Cable Car Envy'? ... no more... That bus guy 04-16-2014 - 17:42

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com