Re: Trainnews - volume 7 - issues 096 -- PSAP derailments
Author: George Andrews
Date: 05-18-2014 - 09:11

I watched the Q13 news report regarding the recent Puget Sound & Pacific derailments. I had to laugh when the talking head stated "... rail cars flying off the tracks ..." and " ... wheels snapping off the cars ..." Then the PSAP spokesman says :" The train was only going 10 MPH." I'm guessing much of the PSAP trackage is only rated for 10 MPH anyways, and those grain cars aren't just heavy, they're top - heavy too. And yes, Puget Sound has had a very wet spring. Still, 3 derailments in 2 weeks will draw attention from the FRA & WSDOT. Also, the Oil Train talk is just that, as I have not heard of any plans to run them on PSAP. Remember that domestically produced crude oil is not supposed to be exported, and PSAP does not serve any refineries.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Trainnews - volume 7 - issues 096 Espee99 05-17-2014 - 16:40
  Re: Trainnews - volume 7 - issues 096 -- PSAP derailments George Andrews 05-18-2014 - 09:11
  Re: Trainnews - volume 7 - issues 096 -- PSAP derailments mook 05-18-2014 - 18:30
  Re: Trainnews - volume 7 - issues 096 -- PSAP derailments BN Oly 05-18-2014 - 20:54
  Re: Trainnews - volume 7 - issues 096 -- PSAP derailments George Andrews 05-19-2014 - 19:06
  Re: Trainnews - volume 7 - issues 096 -- PSAP derailments GN Goat 05-22-2014 - 02:27

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com