Key System: A trace ENDS TODAY
Author: Oaklandguy
Date: 06-30-2014 - 11:10

Some news relating to the Key System.

A bit of review: Key System electric train service ended in 1958, but traces are still visible. AC Transit's bus lines B, C, E, and F still follow routes that more or less correspond to the Key trains of the 1950's.

Today, 6/30, I think it's still possible to get a printed bus transfer to and from these lines. Tomorrow, it won't be. AC is discontinuing most transfers. The transbay lines will still have a sort of transfer, but it will use Clipper cards; there won't be any printed transfers. Time permitting, I'm going to ride the F line today - or maybe the C line - and get a transfer to keep as a souvenir. My last chance to get this sort of trace of the Key System.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Key System: A trace ENDS TODAY Oaklandguy 06-30-2014 - 11:10
  Not exactly Re: Key System: A trace ENDS TODAY Oaklandguy 06-30-2014 - 20:27
  Re: Not exactly Re: Key System: A trace ENDS TODAY Al Stangenberger 06-30-2014 - 22:21
  Re: Not exactly Re: Key System: A trace ENDS TODAY Stash 06-30-2014 - 22:22
  Re: Not exactly Re: Key System: A trace ENDS TODAY HUTCH 7.62 07-01-2014 - 18:50
  Re: Not exactly Re: Key System: A trace ENDS TODAY WebDigger 07-01-2014 - 22:20

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com