Not exactly Re: Key System: A trace ENDS TODAY
Author: Oaklandguy
Date: 06-30-2014 - 20:27

Oh well.

I did get on the F bus today, and I did get my last printed transfer from that line. However, for the F bus, the designation "F" doesn't appear on the transfer. Instead it says "Route: 106." AC Transit doesn't have any route number 106 (nor any route number in the range 100-199). I suppose that the software behind AC Transit's printed transfers didn't easily support letter routes, and someone decided to identify this transbay route using a special-purpose designation.

I also rode the #12 local bus, which nowadays serves Grand Ave. in Oakland, and got a last-day transfer from that line, including "Route: 12." I wonder: Were the streetcars that once served Grand Ave. ever were designated #12? I'm not enough of a Key System expert to know.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Key System: A trace ENDS TODAY Oaklandguy 06-30-2014 - 11:10
  Not exactly Re: Key System: A trace ENDS TODAY Oaklandguy 06-30-2014 - 20:27
  Re: Not exactly Re: Key System: A trace ENDS TODAY Al Stangenberger 06-30-2014 - 22:21
  Re: Not exactly Re: Key System: A trace ENDS TODAY Stash 06-30-2014 - 22:22
  Re: Not exactly Re: Key System: A trace ENDS TODAY HUTCH 7.62 07-01-2014 - 18:50
  Re: Not exactly Re: Key System: A trace ENDS TODAY WebDigger 07-01-2014 - 22:20

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com