Re: Not exactly Re: Key System: A trace ENDS TODAY
Author: WebDigger
Date: 07-01-2014 - 22:20

Oaklandguy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I also rode the #12 local bus, which nowadays serves Grand Ave. in Oakland, and got a last-day transfer from that line, including "Route: 12." I wonder: Were the streetcars that once served Grand Ave. ever were designated #12? I'm not enough of a Key System expert to know.

Oaklandguy, I was hoping Key Route Ken would have answered your question for us. Ken, I hope you're OK.

The OB&E website has a map of Line 12: Grand Avenue - 16th Street Station: [www.oberail.org]

Bill Vandervoort's Chicago Transit and Railfan site has a page about Oakland Transit Routes. It shows Route 12 being Grand. [www.chicagorailfan.com]

Here are links to a photo of a Line 12 car in front of the Grand Lake Theatre: [www.oaklandarts.org], [oaklandhistory.tumblr.com]. Two links in case one goes away.

More Oakland photos here: [oaklandhistory.tumblr.com]

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Key System: A trace ENDS TODAY Oaklandguy 06-30-2014 - 11:10
  Not exactly Re: Key System: A trace ENDS TODAY Oaklandguy 06-30-2014 - 20:27
  Re: Not exactly Re: Key System: A trace ENDS TODAY Al Stangenberger 06-30-2014 - 22:21
  Re: Not exactly Re: Key System: A trace ENDS TODAY Stash 06-30-2014 - 22:22
  Re: Not exactly Re: Key System: A trace ENDS TODAY HUTCH 7.62 07-01-2014 - 18:50
  Re: Not exactly Re: Key System: A trace ENDS TODAY WebDigger 07-01-2014 - 22:20

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com