Re: A couple of places to donate railroad stuff-you guys all missed my point!
Author: Late 20 something railfan.
Date: 09-10-2014 - 16:33

My point wasn’t that digital is a good long term storage media, my point is that there is so much documentation that there will be NO historic value in anything anybody is shooting in the digital age. So a hard drive that contains several hundred pictures crashes, big deal. Historically, nothing is lost. How many pictures are there of a particular BNSF dash 9, or NS GE? Probably hundreds, if not thousands. If a few pictures of a particular subject are lost, it’s no big deal because there are so many more pictures of the same thing. My point is that so many people are taking pictures/videos, so many people are posting those to websites, that nothing that is documented in the digital age will have any historical value, because everything is so heavily documented these days. So why stress over how to best “preserve” your individual work, when thanks to cheap plentiful digital cameras, an individual’s work is so meaningless? Unless the point is to preserve your ego, which is an entirely different matter.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  A couple of places to donate railroad stuff Dilbert 09-09-2014 - 17:41
  Re: A couple of places to donate railroad stuff Late 20 something railfan. 09-09-2014 - 23:36
  Re: A couple of places to donate railroad stuff fkrock 09-10-2014 - 09:52
  Re: A couple of places to donate railroad stuff Margaret (SP fan) 09-10-2014 - 12:46
  Re: A couple of places to donate railroad stuff BNSF Rail Guy 09-10-2014 - 14:12
  Re: A couple of places to donate railroad stuff Ed Workman 09-10-2014 - 15:18
  Re: A couple of places to donate railroad stuff mook 09-10-2014 - 16:15
  Re: A couple of places to donate railroad stuff-you guys all missed my point! Late 20 something railfan. 09-10-2014 - 16:33
  Re: A couple of places to donate railroad stuff mook 09-10-2014 - 17:14
  Re: A couple of places to donate railroad stuff Ivy Mike 09-11-2014 - 10:15
  Re: A couple of places to donate railroad stuff Dick Dorn 09-11-2014 - 17:01

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com