Re: What's Going On In the San Joaquin Valley?
Author: Peter D.
Date: 09-14-2014 - 20:54

My my I like this site. It's easy to use, easy to read and really easy to post to. And THOUGHT provoking! That was one of the best exchanges of personal ideas I've read in a long time. Who needs a newspaper when I got Altamont Press! Really. All one has to do is look across the pond to Britain to see how Government destroyed free enterprise in all things industrial and now with emigration policies that are destroying the nation as a whole. It's REALLY pissing off the native Brits. Here, it's heading to the same conclusion and what it really sounds like is that WE THE PEOPLE have been extremely lazy (guilty) in getting involved in our Government a loooong time ago. It may soon be beyond our control at all. Because, there is no where to go, apart from say, Australia,(they have some trains there, but not many for the size of the country and WE could change that!)they may not be to happy about an invasion of separatists from America looking to take over because there are more of us, then there are of them. No. That is not a logical answer. Revolution? I suppose there is that. Mmmmm. Darn. It might interfere with my Sunday football. My Monday afternoon on the golf course. Ah. I'm to old for that. Let the youngsters deal with it....
So. What IS making the trains late? Grape harvest. Tomatoes, Cotton, Almonds if the tree's got their water demands. Grade crossings? The biggest headache maybe. The thing is, there are a lot of grade crossings on the BNSF line, Modesto, south to Bakersfield. So. What came first I wonder? I'm sure someone here will be able to tell me.... Railroads? Or dirt roads in the valley?
If I had a crystal ball in my office, I'd know that in future, roads would be wanting to cross my right of way, but that could lead to disastrous complications. What to do? Demand that all roads go under or over my right of way. Sounds good. Or build them myself when they come to calling against my right of way. That way, I'll be comforted that my clientele will know that their shipment will be on time, all the time. Be it people or goods.
Right. I think I'll go make dinner now, with goods transported by rail and road.....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  What's Going On In the San Joaquin Valley? mook 09-10-2014 - 19:57
  Re: What's Going On In the San Joaquin Valley? OIL 4 ME 09-10-2014 - 20:03
  Re: What's Going On In the San Joaquin Valley? Ed Workman 09-11-2014 - 09:10
  Re: What's Going On In the San Joaquin Valley? Mr Right 09-11-2014 - 09:18
  Re: What's Going On In the San Joaquin Valley? Screwed? 09-11-2014 - 10:12
  San Joaquin Valley long over due to modernize Pete 09-11-2014 - 10:58
  Re: San Joaquin Valley long over due to modernize Alpha-Omega 09-11-2014 - 13:57
  Re: San Joaquin Valley long over due to modernize Pete 09-11-2014 - 16:13
  Re: San Joaquin Valley long over due to modernize Oh Nutz 09-11-2014 - 22:29
  Re: What's Going On In the San Joaquin Valley? Rich Hunn 09-11-2014 - 14:41
  Re: What's Going On In the San Joaquin Valley? Weary of Whining Corporations! 09-11-2014 - 17:38
  Re: What's Going On In the San Joaquin Valley? E 09-11-2014 - 21:03
  Re: What's Going On In the San Joaquin Valley? Weary . . . . 09-12-2014 - 00:10
  Re: What's Going On In the San Joaquin Valley? Ed Workman 09-12-2014 - 07:20
  Re: What's Going On In the San Joaquin Valley? H.T. Woo 09-12-2014 - 18:24
  Re: What's Going On In the San Joaquin Valley? Carol L,. Voss 09-12-2014 - 23:25
  Re: What's Going On In the San Joaquin Valley? Peter D. 09-14-2014 - 20:54

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com