Looking for some help with info on several UP Sac area Locals
Author: Matt C. BatrynRodriguez
Date: 12-09-2014 - 15:48

Hello group,

I'm planing on being around the greater Sacramento area to visit family over the upcoming holidays. While in the area there are several UP locals that I am interested in trying to photograph. I've listed them below with what I have in my notes about them, but much of this info may very well be out of date. So, curious if anyone could provide updates or current info on these jobs.

Ione Branch:
Going from notes I've put together (but are at least a few years old) this line had been served by the "Lodi Local" (LRR93) from P&G at Polk in Sacramento. They had been going on duty around 0500, and run up the branch in the early AM on Thursdays and Sundays. This one would be a bit of a drive from anywhere I would be staying, but I would really like to catch them running on this branch line.

Rocklin Rocket (LRR62):
This train had been running up to Oroville on Sundays (and perhaps others too). Going on duty around 0600 and departing Roseville around 0730. I'm most interested in the days it runs up to Oroville as I'll most likely be around that area already.

Canyon Flyer (LRC67/LRC68):
My understanding is that this job goes on duty at 0500, and works west from Portola to Roseville (or only Oroville now?) on Mon, Wed, Fri. It works east from Roseville (or Oroville?) on Tue, Thur, Sat. Again since I will be around the area I would enjoy catching this job.

Many thanks in advance for any help. If anyone wishes to contact me off list, I can be reached at: toothpickmatt[at]yahoo[dot]com.

~Matt C. BatrynRodriguez

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Looking for some help with info on several UP Sac area Locals Matt C. BatrynRodriguez 12-09-2014 - 15:48
  Re: Looking for some help with info on several UP Sac area Locals mook 12-09-2014 - 17:00
  Re: Looking for some help with info on several UP Sac area Locals Brian Westgate 12-10-2014 - 04:29
  Re: Looking for some help with info on several UP Sac area Locals Matt C. BatrynRodriguez 12-10-2014 - 11:10
  Re: Looking for some help with info on several UP Sac area Locals Brian Westgate 12-10-2014 - 15:12

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com