Re: Looking for some help with info on several UP Sac area Locals
Author: Matt C. BatrynRodriguez
Date: 12-10-2014 - 11:10

Thanks for the info Mook. The fact that there is only a single shipper left on the Ione Branch is part of the draw of it to me... well that and the fact that it looks like it would be an interesting line to photograph. My understanding is that it is indeed a 1x or 2x a week run up the line, but am hoping that someone can fill in what days that run is made.

Thanks also for the info on the Folsom Turn. There is a chance I'll end up in Folsom for a bit, so may get to put that info to use. =)

Brian, my suspicion is that these branches are not particularly profitable or attractive enough for a shortline to be interested. SP seemed to do a pretty good job in the late 80s/early 90s spinning off branches that a shortline could make a go at, while other less profitable ones were either kept or abandoned. I would suspect with their current traffic loads it would be hard for a short line to make a go at either of these branches, but I'm not the most knowledgeable in either of these areas, so others feel free to correct or add on.

Thanks, and take care,
~Matt

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Looking for some help with info on several UP Sac area Locals Matt C. BatrynRodriguez 12-09-2014 - 15:48
  Re: Looking for some help with info on several UP Sac area Locals mook 12-09-2014 - 17:00
  Re: Looking for some help with info on several UP Sac area Locals Brian Westgate 12-10-2014 - 04:29
  Re: Looking for some help with info on several UP Sac area Locals Matt C. BatrynRodriguez 12-10-2014 - 11:10
  Re: Looking for some help with info on several UP Sac area Locals Brian Westgate 12-10-2014 - 15:12

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com