Re: Train IDs...
Author: eugene guy
Date: 02-20-2015 - 14:44

When I started listening to my first scanner, and SP was here, the area dispatcher was very clear and firm in his wording and pronunciations of everything. One of the phonetic alphabets was always used, as in your LBJ-04, Lima Baker Juliet dash zero four. Or the civilian version. It was always repeated twice, too. UP now does mostly the same thing with their traffic, as does the short lines out of here. They do go too fast for me to always follow, though, or maybe my ears are getting older. Maybe on your local train, with no other run to make on the same track, the dispatcher and crew have started taking a shortcut with their talk since there is only one train to worry about. Communication is everything, and even on the private line I worked on, we always followed protocol and procedure, and never had a wreck or stained panties even. Also, I am really glad I never worked with Knowitall, as filling out his accident reports would take way too much of my time.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Train IDs... Observer - 2 02-20-2015 - 11:26
  Re: Train IDs... Knowitall 02-20-2015 - 12:21
  Re: Train IDs... ron 02-21-2015 - 07:54
  Re: Train IDs... eugene guy 02-20-2015 - 14:44
  Re: Train IDs... mook 02-20-2015 - 17:02
  Re: Train IDs... Local Motion 02-21-2015 - 09:59
  Re: Train IDs... Shortline Sammie 02-21-2015 - 22:21

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com