Re: Life of a Long-Haul Trucker - sounds like some trainmen I have known
Author: George Andrews
Date: 08-07-2015 - 18:11

Yea -- Fer Sure !!!
I personally have a BIG problem with the CDL Random Drug Test that I am subject to, just for clocking in in the morning. No probable cause, no physical or mental symptoms, no OTJ accident or injury, yet I can still be handed the cup. Not that I'm worried about the results; smoked my last joint in 1985 and I only drink on the weekends. Hell, I'll pee in the cup three times a day as long as someone else is paying for the test!!! Invasion of privacy is a fact of life for a Commercial Driver; I only wish ALL drivers' license holders were subject to randoms. ( Wouldn't that clear out the evening commute !!! ) But, just like in Railroading, a few bad apples spoiled it for everyone.
I recently did a Road Test for a prospective employer. The examiner noted that I " ... wasn't real big on courtesy to other motorists ", after I didn't let a texting driver out of a driveway in front of me. My reply : " I stopped being a courteous driver about Half a Million Miles Ago, after I'd been cut off for the Half - Millionth Time."
There are more similarities between Railroaders and Truck Drivers than many people may realize. Irregular hours ( and bodily functions ! ), constant sleep deprivation, lotsa mind - numbing routine interrupted by moments of sheer terror, Ninety-Day-Wonders for supervisors that cannot even do the job they're telling you to do, fellow employees that will tickle your testicles while they're sticking you in the ass; let's not forget little or no time for a marriage or family, and the substance abuse that sometimes follows all that.
10 - 10 & 10 - 8 on the side...

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Life of a Long-Haul Trucker - sounds like some trainmen I have known mook 08-05-2015 - 21:12
  Re: Life of a Long-Haul Trucker - sounds like some trainmen I have known George Andrews 08-06-2015 - 08:46
  Re: Life of a Long-Haul Trucker - sounds like some trainmen I have known Kcjones 08-06-2015 - 22:13
  Re: Life of a Long-Haul Trucker - sounds like some trainmen I have known George Andrews 08-07-2015 - 18:11

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com