Need some Rainier photo locations...help
Author: John West
Date: 08-12-2015 - 09:14

In the summer of 1960 I paid a quick visit to the Rayonier operation north from Hoquiam. My recollection of that trip and of the details of the Rayonier operation have faded over time. Specifically I cannot recall the location of most of the pictures I took, which can be found here:

Rayonier Pics

Any help with locations and what might be going on would be helpful is stimulting my own memory. In particular there is a series of three pix, with the 14 leading a train, the 90 pushing the 14's train, and then the 90 with its own train. In the picture of the 90 with its own train, in the distance is a switch target and the rear of the train appears to be coming out of a siding. I have a vague memory of the 90 helping the 14 up a hill and then droping back to the siding and picking up its own train. Wondering if anyone can confirm that was a common practice. Any help is identifying what is going on will be appreciated. Don't pay much attention to the existing caption material, it may or may not be correct.

JBWX

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Need some Rainier photo locations...help John West 08-12-2015 - 09:14
  I meant Rayonier.... John West 08-12-2015 - 13:43
  Re: Need some Rayonier photo locations...help Bruce Butler 08-12-2015 - 14:23
  Re: Need some Rainier photo locations...help Jim Speaker 08-12-2015 - 19:31
  Re: Need some Rainier photo locations...help Erik H. 08-13-2015 - 07:19
  Re: Need some Rainier photo locations...help Pdxrailtransit 08-13-2015 - 14:06
  Re: Need some Rainier photo locations...help Pdxrailtransit 08-13-2015 - 14:07
  Re: Need some Rainier photo locations...help Chas 08-17-2015 - 21:33

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com