Re: When did a windstorm blow the roof off Coyote's freight house?
Author: Wayne Cohen
Date: 08-14-2015 - 09:05

My best guess is that the wind storm and damage in question occurred the evening of Tuesday, December 30, 2014.

I live in nearby Morgan Hill, and it was the strongest wind storm that I can recall in my 21 years living there, or even in the 32 years before that when I lived in San Jose. A tree branch damaged my car.

At the California Central Model Railroad Club, located in the Agnew Depot in Santa Clara (built by the SPC approx 1877) around 6:30 pm that evening, one of the club's neighbors called to let me know that portions of the depot's metal roof were blowing around the neighborhood. My son and I inspected the depot the next day, on our way to a New Year's Eve party, so the date is clear in my mind.

Whether the December 30 wind storm is the same one that damaged the Coyote depot, I cannot say for sure, but I believe it is highly likely.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  When did a windstorm blow the roof off Coyote's freight house? Henry Bender 08-13-2015 - 17:02
  Re: When did a windstorm blow the roof off Coyote's freight house? Carol L Voss 08-13-2015 - 18:01
  Re: When did a windstorm blow the roof off Coyote's freight house? WebDigger 08-14-2015 - 01:06
  Re: When did a windstorm blow the roof off Coyote's freight house? J Mann 08-14-2015 - 08:38
  Re: When did a windstorm blow the roof off Coyote's freight house? George Andrews 08-15-2015 - 21:30
  Re: When did a windstorm blow the roof off Coyote's freight house? Wayne Cohen 08-14-2015 - 09:05

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com