Foreign Power
Author: BN Engineer
Date: 08-26-2015 - 11:26

I can speak about the power issue.

For me, it is about what you are use to. As you can probably understand that there is laws and working agreements about what is to be on the locomotive. Such as a toilet, working fridge (or cooler with ice), lights should all work in be in a particular position and aim at a position. Where fusees should be placed on a locomotive. I think you get the point.

Also what is funny is that not all power is created (or ordered) equal. I beleive that BNSF, CitiGroup (Or CitiRail, CREX) and UP order power that is equally has horsepower and torque. Now CSX and KCS power seems to me that those units have more torque than horsepower. The blue cards state that they have 4300 hp to 4000 hp depending on the unit. As compared to the 4400, 4300 that BNSF, UP and CREX utilizes.

According to the FRA Reporting Cards (Blue Cards as Called) CREX motors in the ownership box is owned by CitiGroup. Buffet connection? They have some pretty nice features. I notice that they tend to follow the BNSF model for ordering and features.

Now NS and CSX installed some annoying features like when you are stopped, full independent brake and automatic brake set to greater than 10 psi reduction. You trainline bell will start ringing until you center your reverser. This is annoying because on the BNSF they set the trainline bell to ring in cases where an engine has shutdown, locked axels, or other equipment damaging situation.

So even though they are still built by GE or EMD.

It is kind of like Ford and Chevy. NOT THE SAME. And starting here soon according to Chevy you will not own your vehicle even though you may have bought it. (They are now claiming that you lease the software for the Engine and Entertainment from them. Lame, I am not buying one from them.)

I hope that that helps with the Foreign Power Question.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Mystery Grain Train BNSF/UP OT Local 08-24-2015 - 20:02
  Re: Mystery Grain Train BNSF/UP OT Local 08-24-2015 - 20:06
  Re: Mystery Grain Train BNSF/UP Bruce Kelly 08-25-2015 - 05:04
  Re: Mystery Grain Train BNSF/UP OT Local 08-25-2015 - 17:58
  Re: Mystery Grain Train BNSF/UP Northern Snowman 08-25-2015 - 19:16
  Re: Mystery Grain Train BNSF/UP theconductor 08-25-2015 - 21:09
  Re: Mystery Grain Train BNSF/UP OT Local 08-26-2015 - 09:46
  Re: Mystery Grain Train BNSF/UP OT Local 08-26-2015 - 09:57
  Foreign Power BN Engineer 08-26-2015 - 11:26
  Citigroup Pdxrailtransit 08-26-2015 - 12:30
  Re: Mystery Grain Train BNSF/UP Mark Meyer 08-26-2015 - 17:50
  Re: Mystery Grain Train BNSF/UP CREX 08-27-2015 - 08:57

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com