Re: AT&T and NCRA (former NWP) wrangling over fiber along RR
Author: Robin on Rails
Date: 09-12-2015 - 09:54

I recall watching a short train, an engine or two plus a few flat cars with an excavator on one of the flat cars plowing in the plastic conduit. It was just south of Henry Station Road (105.8), south of Ukiah. I immediately noticed an unusual sound coming from one of the flat cars, the brakes were locked up and the crew didn't seem too pleased. Was also impressed by the speed of the plowing operation before that. I think what caught my attention before I walked over there was the different sound of the engines working in that area. They usually ran fairly evenly through that stretch. That location is about 2 miles south of the recent fiber cut. I am working on my 39th year at Retech at that location and have been watching the rails the whole time.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  AT&T and NCRA (former NWP) wrangling over fiber along RR Graham Buxton 09-10-2015 - 21:25
  Re: AT&T and NCRA (former NWP) wrangling over fiber along RR Alfred Doten 09-10-2015 - 21:49
  Re: AT&T and NCRA (former NWP) wrangling over fiber along RR J Mann 09-11-2015 - 08:42
  Re: AT&T and NCRA (former NWP) wrangling over fiber along RR Tony 09-11-2015 - 09:13
  Re: AT&T and NCRA (former NWP) wrangling over fiber along RR NWPer 09-11-2015 - 12:26
  Re: AT&T and NCRA (former NWP) wrangling over fiber along RR rws 09-11-2015 - 16:22
  Re: AT&T and NCRA (former NWP) wrangling over fiber along RR BOB2 09-11-2015 - 16:46
  Re: AT&T and NCRA (former NWP) wrangling over fiber along RR George Andrews 09-12-2015 - 07:15
  Re: AT&T and NCRA (former NWP) wrangling over fiber along RR Chuck 09-12-2015 - 09:20
  Re: AT&T and NCRA (former NWP) wrangling over fiber along RR Robin on Rails 09-12-2015 - 09:54
  Re: AT&T and NCRA (former NWP) wrangling over fiber along RR Steve Atnip 09-12-2015 - 23:39

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com