Re: California High Speed Rail Authority wants to test-drill under the Angeles National Forest
Author: BOB2
Date: 09-28-2015 - 11:48

If you're asking me about my career, I try not to reveal my secret super hero identity, as I still occasionally do work for some of the very folks I've take a poke or two at on here.

I did start 48 years ago, at minimum wage, laying track with Bill and Stan on the Alta Loma spur for their "movie" trains.... I went on to watch men land on the moon, on John Permar's portable television, at Taylor Roundhouse, having been hired by SP as one of Rollin Robert's "Boy Scouts", and later I was "stimulated" at the "stimulator" in Cerritos, and promoted to hoghead.

After several more years with SP, I received a degree in economics, and a professional certificate in commercial transportation, back when California State Universities were actually still "free". Later, I took a considerable buyout from the "friendly" SP in the mid 80's, and went on to graduate school majoring in mathematical econ. And, due to my strange skillset, went thence, to a career in transportation and environmental planning for another, now almost, 30 years.

So, I've even buried some of the riper decomposing political corpses that litter the landscape of our often dysfunctional planning processes and political system. I have served in numerous appointed positions, as a technical and policy advisor, from running dial-a-rides, to disbursing about a half a billion of your taxpayers dollars on new emission control technologies (most of which actually did work and are cost effective...), to assessing earthquake impacts to our transportation infrastructure with Dr. Lucy Jones. I am now semi-retired, but still advise a few folks that I actually still like, when they are willing to pay me.

In other words, when I do work, I still suck mostly at the public teat, just in a "private sector" role, kind of like PB...... Hence, my desire for anonymity, when calling out some of these more egregious fools, that I may still have to work with.

I think the card reads: "Have gun, will travel, wire Palladin, San Francisco, California...."

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  California High Speed Rail Authority wants to test-drill under the Angeles National Forest Bob 09-27-2015 - 17:44
  Re: California High Speed Rail Authority wants to test-drill under the Angeles National Forest Bud 09-27-2015 - 17:52
  Re: California High Speed Rail Authority wants to test-drill under the Angeles National Forest Cal Condor 09-27-2015 - 20:27
  Re: California High Speed Rail Authority wants to test-drill under the Angeles National Forest synonymouse 09-27-2015 - 20:42
  Re: California High Speed Rail Authority wants to test-drill under the Angeles National Forest clipper841 09-27-2015 - 21:11
  Re: California High Speed Rail Authority wants to test-drill under the Angeles National Forest mook 09-27-2015 - 22:09
  Re: California High Speed Rail Authority wants to test-drill under the Angeles National Forest BOB2 09-28-2015 - 07:36
  Re: California High Speed Rail Authority wants to test-drill under the Angeles National Forest mook 09-28-2015 - 08:57
  Re: California High Speed Rail Authority wants to test-drill under the Angeles National Forest Cprr 09-28-2015 - 09:03
  Re: California High Speed Rail Authority wants to test-drill under the Angeles National Forest synonymouse 09-28-2015 - 10:40
  Re: California High Speed Rail Authority wants to test-drill under the Angeles National Forest Just a Passerby 09-28-2015 - 10:48
  Re: California High Speed Rail Authority wants to test-drill under the Angeles National Forest BOB2 09-28-2015 - 11:48
  Re: California High Speed Rail Authority wants to test-drill under the Angeles National Forest mook 09-28-2015 - 13:51
  Re: California High Speed Rail Authority wants to test-drill under the Angeles National Forest Just a Passerby 09-29-2015 - 02:42

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com