Re: Nisqually Prairie Line work
Author: GN Goat
Date: 10-25-2015 - 01:52

Good comments Tom.

You may be right on the PTC.

Also, if Sound Transit would try to expand to DuPont I believe the taxpayers in that part of Pierce County would have to approve the sales tax increase; the additional fees on vehicle license tabs. Plus there is going to be an election to let Sound Transit collect taxes on property/home as well.

I know there is interest as well to run Sounder trains from Centennial Station in Lacey. As bad as the traffic is daily between Olympia and Tacoma, I bet the trains would fill up. Would Olympia residents be willing to subsidize Sound Transit too? Good question. I have friends who commute from Centralia to Seattle daily; some days they take Hwy 12/Hwy 507 thru Tenino and Yelm and Roy to Tacoma/Seattle to avoid I-5.

Plus, we taxpayers just got another 7 cents a gallon in gas taxes added this year to help fund 16 billion dollars in road improvements. (Another 5 cents next summer too) Some of that money will be used to widen I-5 from near McChord AFB to South of Fort Lewis main gate aka JBLM. The project is projected to take 6 years and hundreds of millions of dollars.

I am looking forward to seeing the Nisqually Prairie Line project start; I drive Tacoma/Centralia/Olympia/Tacoma Mon thru Fri afternoon for my job.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Nisqually Prairie Line work GN Goat 10-24-2015 - 03:02
  Re: Nisqually Prairie Line work George Andrews 10-24-2015 - 09:49
  Re: Nisqually Prairie Line work Tom McCann 10-24-2015 - 10:47
  Re: Nisqually Prairie Line work GN Goat 10-25-2015 - 01:52
  Re: Nisqually Prairie Line work Dmac844 10-25-2015 - 08:10
  Re: Nisqually Prairie Line work BN Oly 10-25-2015 - 21:20
  Re: Nisqually Prairie Line work Paul 10-26-2015 - 12:08
  Re: Nisqually Prairie Line work GN Goat 10-28-2015 - 03:06

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com