Re: W&I Railroad Status?
Author: Throttle Hogg
Date: 11-13-2015 - 11:15

W&I seems to be operating with only one crew that just runs as far as they can on their hours and then parks at a handy crossing until they are rested. Some times the required 2 day rest period comes into play and the train will sit where-ever it happens to be. They currently have only two operable units, the GP-30 #20 and a blue SD-9 #603(?) all other units are not operable. A week ago the dead GP-16 was still at Palouse, two dead B-40-8's at Rosalia and a dead B-40-8 at Plaza.
Covered hoppers being loaded and unloaded at Fallon, and loaded LPG tanks being shoved down the main south of Fallon (and being stored elsewhere on line). Not much Happening at McCoy besides car storage. They run to Bennett Lumber when they have time, but loads can take up to two weeks to get back to Marshall so time sensitive lumber has to go by truck or is trucked to it's mill at the Port of Wilma and loaded there. Palouse shippers load and recieve some and there is some at Oakesdale, and bulk fertilizer unloads some at Spangle. W&I has had some problems with the FRA so there have been some shutdowns. Needless to say, shippers are getting annoyed with the situation.
Only a handful of unit trains have run this fall out of McCoy, four piles of grain outside the elevator at this time. (only 3 piles are covered with plastic).

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  W&I Railroad Status? potlatcher 11-12-2015 - 11:27
  Re: W&I Railroad Status? Bruce Kelly 11-13-2015 - 06:16
  Re: W&I Railroad Status? Throttle Hogg 11-13-2015 - 11:15
  Re: W&I Railroad Status? Northern Snowman 11-13-2015 - 19:17
  Re: W&I Railroad Status? David Smith 11-14-2015 - 14:16
  Re: W&I Railroad Status? Terry 11-14-2015 - 20:32
  Re: W&I Railroad Status? potlatcher 11-16-2015 - 12:37

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com