Re: Misc. Palouse Questions
Author: rolland a. meyers
Date: 05-16-2008 - 12:35

since the floods in the winter of '96 the connection at bovill was severed. the rails and ties have been pulled on the old wi&m and service from that end now goes as far as princeton to service the bennett mill and a nearby cedar pole customer there. the portion between pinceton and palouse is actually called the w&i (washington and idaho) now and although it is run by stan patterson and the p&l, they are separate as the p&l lines were part of the washington state dot deal, whereas the lines from palouse to princeton lie mainly in the state of idaho and i believe are still leased from watco?

the fourth sub of the camas prairie is still in place with washouts in several places and major repairs needed. hopes were to open this to log traffic again to service the lewiston mill with the increased cost and amount of diesel fuel used by trucks -vs- rail. but so far no repairs have been made and as far as i have heard there is no firm committment by potlatch to sign on to a long term contract, which is what would be needed in order to pay for the repairs needed.
no rail traffic has been run on the fourth north of the konkleville mill since either late 2000 or early 2001 ( i cannot remember which). but the rails are in place from switch at orofino all the way to jaypee.

i hope this helps?
rolland a. meyers

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Misc. Palouse Questions AS 05-15-2008 - 11:11
  Re: Misc. Palouse Questions Eric Strang 05-15-2008 - 19:02
  Re: Misc. Palouse Questions rolland a. meyers 05-16-2008 - 12:35
  Re: Misc. Palouse Questions Mike Root 05-16-2008 - 16:55
  Re: Misc. Palouse Questions shortline sammie 05-17-2008 - 19:23
  Re: Misc. Palouse Questions quig 05-18-2008 - 19:51
  Re: Misc. Palouse Questions CSP & P&L ownership Ross Hall 05-19-2008 - 16:56
  Re: Misc. Palouse Questions CSP & P&L ownership Dilbert 05-21-2008 - 17:30
  Re: Misc. Palouse Questions CSP & P&L ownership Stan Patterson 05-21-2008 - 21:54

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com