Re: Misc. Palouse Questions CSP & P&L ownership
Author: Ross Hall
Date: 05-19-2008 - 16:56

Ownership of the CSP, Watco owns from Riparia to East of East Lewiston and operates as the Great Northwest Railroad, last I was told, Watco still owns from East Lewiston to Kooskia and leases to BG&CM, BG&CM purchased the line from Spaulding to Grangeville, although the tracks had been lifted from Grangeville to Cottonwood (BG&CM owns R of W into Grangeville). Ownership of the 4th sub, former Headquarters branch I'm not sure of, that line is in operation from Orofino to the mill at Konkolville. (Please excuse the spellings of the towns.) P&L----P&L purchased by the state, but only parts in the state of Washington, State also purchased the portion of the WI&M that lies in Washington. Last I heard, the W&I had purchased a short stretch of track into Idaho near Moscow in order to service the siding at Wilson for the delivery of fertilizer. Remaining trackage into Moscow is still owned by Watco, but Watco is refusing service and has ripped up much trackage in the town itself and has removed one rail where W&I ownership ends to prevent access to Moscow, remaining shippers, a propane dealer (told by Watco to relocate) and a seed plant (told by Watco to truck to Lewiston to load). Last time I checked, Moscow trackage awaiting formal abandonment from STB. Last info I have on the WI&M is that W&I is leasing from Watco with intent on eventual purchase.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Misc. Palouse Questions AS 05-15-2008 - 11:11
  Re: Misc. Palouse Questions Eric Strang 05-15-2008 - 19:02
  Re: Misc. Palouse Questions rolland a. meyers 05-16-2008 - 12:35
  Re: Misc. Palouse Questions Mike Root 05-16-2008 - 16:55
  Re: Misc. Palouse Questions shortline sammie 05-17-2008 - 19:23
  Re: Misc. Palouse Questions quig 05-18-2008 - 19:51
  Re: Misc. Palouse Questions CSP & P&L ownership Ross Hall 05-19-2008 - 16:56
  Re: Misc. Palouse Questions CSP & P&L ownership Dilbert 05-21-2008 - 17:30
  Re: Misc. Palouse Questions CSP & P&L ownership Stan Patterson 05-21-2008 - 21:54

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com