Re: Societal Issue or Testing Question
Author: Nudge
Date: 09-20-2016 - 17:12

Well, many moons ago I got called one AM and when I got to the yard office, the local TM said, "Congratulations. You just won the lottery to be the first tested On this division."
Well, this was back when we didn't trust the SP and the labs they used. I still wouldn't. I knew it was coming to this so I packed a lab slip from my doctor, signed but undated, in my grip. I peed for the SP and then peed for me. Big blow up if I should be allowed to do this while on the SP clock. I stayed right there at the ER until the TM said it was okay. Hell, I was paying for my test anyway.

And so it went for years until I pulled the pin. A lot of pee and a lot of "0.0" letters.
But there were a lot of others where the tests showed positive. One was a work train crew in Truckee. A car went on the ground so everybody had to pee. Well everyone knew one of the brakemen would show dirty for THC so the conductor peed in his bottle. (Before all the strict? regulations) Well, wouldn't you know it. The crew was clean except the brakemen. Hmm. same pee as the boss.

Then of course we had a lady engineer. The RFE hated her and tried everything to fire her and wasn't able to. Until one night. She was the engineer of a train climbing a steep grade and a car about 12 back decided to break a wheel and derail. 13 mph. Well, the speed was nothing and they came to a stop. (Easy fix, set out the car, double back to the train and go to town.) They had only been on duty 4 hours. Well, the RFW showed up licking his lips and everyone was going to the hospital for a pee test. Off they went and she peed for the SP but also had a lab slip and peed for herself. 3 days later she was pulled out of service for Rule G. Hummm. Well, weeks went by, and finally after a month they held an investigation. They (the carrier) got up and showed her pee test was so far over for booze, she would have had to come to work drunk, and been drinking right up to when they went on the ground. Well after all the BS, her Local Chairman stood up and said something like, "Gee, we have a lab test here that was done 1 minute and 18 seconds after the carrier's and it shows 0.0. Yes, she was paid for lost time but that is the kind of crap that can happen out there.

Ever sense Ricky Gates a guy has to be really dumb to mess with Rule G. BUT as the past has showed, if there is a will, there is a way, on both parties involved.

Nudge

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Number of U.S. railroad workers testing positive for drug use skyrockets Pdxrailtransit 09-15-2016 - 14:55
  Re: Number of U.S. railroad workers testing positive for drug use skyrockets chuck 09-15-2016 - 18:34
  Re: Number of U.S. railroad workers testing positive for drug use skyrockets Bernie Lomax 09-15-2016 - 19:18
  Re: Number of U.S. railroad workers testing positive for drug use skyrockets Logan 09-15-2016 - 19:41
  Politicians? Pdxrailtransit 09-15-2016 - 21:05
  Re: Politicians? Dick Dorn 09-15-2016 - 21:19
  Re: WA Post Ad un-Blockers Jon 09-15-2016 - 21:39
  Re: "skyrockets"! Huh! Or just normal variation about the actual statistical mean? BOB2 09-16-2016 - 02:04
  Societal Issue J 09-16-2016 - 06:30
  Re: Societal Issue Joe Magruder 09-16-2016 - 07:28
  Re: Societal Issue? Or Maybe just more post accident testing? BOB2 09-16-2016 - 08:54
  Re: Societal Issue? Or Maybe just more post accident testing? J 09-16-2016 - 10:04
  Re: Societal Issue? Or Maybe just more post accident testing? The Unprofessional Iconoclast 09-16-2016 - 10:25
  Re: Societal Issue? Or Maybe just more post accident testing? synonymouse 09-16-2016 - 10:43
  Re: Societal Issue or Testing Question Nudge 09-20-2016 - 17:12
  CEO's Like Krebs and Davidson must have been on drugs Cut-Out-Cock 09-16-2016 - 11:06
  Re: CEO's Like Krebs and Davidson must have been on drugs LENZO 09-16-2016 - 13:28

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com