Re: Miniature Live Steam & BIG SP Steam....
Author: Nudge
Date: 10-17-2016 - 11:58

Tony,

One was Andy Clerici and his 2-6-6-6 Allegheny with his brown Erie fuel car behind. There is a picture of him and the engine it in the April 1988 Live Steam at Ed StJohns. Also there is a picture of me and my SP 2-6-0 and my wife Donna running the BN 2072 with Dan Wilkinson. I had purchased Andy's first engine, a 2-6-0 Mogul and we doubled headed at St. John's. Both engines had the exact same size valves & pistons but to look at them you would never know.

That Mogul was so square it pulled a total of 42 cars and 2 large 4-8-2s around the park at Medford by itself. Hardly moving at times in some places but still pulling. Andy made a good engine. When I had it running at Train Mountain it had no problem with the steep grades.

The boiler failed on the Mogul in 1994 so I rebuilt the engine from the frame up. Sacramento contacted me and wanted it for display in early 2000. It is now on display upstairs at the museum in Sacramento. Andy sold the Allegheny to someone in the midwest. It sat on display and was never operated again the last I heard. Andy built a few more engines before he passed away in Napa a few years ago.

Nudge

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Miniature Live Steam & BIG SP Steam.... Ken Shattock (KRK) 10-16-2016 - 12:12
  Re: Miniature Live Steam & BIG SP Steam.... Margaret (SP fan) 10-16-2016 - 14:24
  Re: Miniature Live Steam & BIG SP Steam.... Cprr 10-16-2016 - 20:11
  Re: Miniature Live Steam & BIG SP Steam.... Tony Johnson 10-16-2016 - 21:06
  Re: Miniature Live Steam & BIG SP Steam.... Nudge 10-17-2016 - 11:58
  Re: Miniature Live Steam & BIG SP Steam.... Ken Shattock (IBLS) 10-17-2016 - 14:03
  Re: Live Steam# Andy & Nudge Nudge 10-17-2016 - 17:50
  Re: Live Steam# Andy & Nudge CSRM Docent 10-21-2016 - 11:17

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com