Re: UP's Screaming Detectors on the Sunset Route,,WHY?
Author: mistertower
Date: 07-08-2008 - 19:00

MY EXPERIENCE ON THE SUBJECT IS THAT THIS IS A PROBLEM ON ALL RAILOADS. THERE SEEMS TO BE NO UNIFORMITY ON THE SETTING OF THE AUDIO CONTROL ON NOT ONLY THE DETECTORS, BUT ALL RADIOS, BASE AND MOBILE. I REMEMBER IN ONE TERRITORY A RADIO CHANNEL CHANGE WAS MADE AND WHEN THE COMM. TECH. SHOWED UP TO CHANGE FREQUENCIES, HE SET THE AUDIO DOWN ON THE DETECTORS, TO WHERE YOU HAD TO TURN THE VOLUME UP FULL BLAST TO HEAR THEM. AN AMTRAK ENGINEER COMPLAINED TO THE DISPATCHER WHAT I HAD JUST DESCRIBED. SO THE NEXT DAY, THIS TECH., WHO ONLY HAS THREE YEARS WITH THE R.R., GOT PISSED OFF AND SET THE AUDIO FULL BLAST ON ALL OF THEM. SO NOW, JUST LIKE THE MAN WHO MADE THE ORRIGINAL POST HERE, WE HAVE TO TURN THE VOLUME WAY DOWN ON THE RADIO JUST TO KEEP THESE THINGS FROM BLASTING OUR EARS OUT! ONE OTHER THING TO KEEP IN MIND IS THE TECH.'S HAVE SOO MUCH TO MAINTAIN AND TERRITORYS COVERING HUNDREDS OF MILES, HOW THE AUDIO IS SET ON A RADIO IS THE NOT A PRIORITY FOR THEM. THEY WILL USUALLY JUST SET AUDIO LEVELS AT HOW THEY SET THEM IN THE PAST AND LEAVE THEM THERE UNTIL THE GET A COMPLAINT, LIKE FROM THE AMTRAK ENGINEER AS DESCRIBED ABOVE. EVERY TECH. IS DIFFERENT, I KNOW SEVERAL, AND EACH ONE WILL ALWAYS TELL YOU A DIFFERENT STORY, EVERYTIME. THE BOTTOM LINE IS, THERE IS NO UNIFORMITY ON SETTING AUDIO ON RADIOS.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  UP's Screaming Detectors on the Sunset Route,,WHY? Tom from LA 07-07-2008 - 16:03
  Re: UP's Screaming Detectors on the Sunset Route,,WHY? Ross Hall 07-07-2008 - 16:48
  Re: UP's Screaming Detectors on the Sunset Route,,WHY? fkrock 07-08-2008 - 08:40
  Re: UP's Screaming Detectors on the Sunset Route,,WHY? UP Hogger 07-08-2008 - 10:30
  Re: UP's Screaming Detectors on the Sunset Route,,WHY? Dr Zarkoff 07-08-2008 - 17:47
  Re: UP's Screaming Detectors on the Sunset Route,,WHY? mistertower 07-08-2008 - 19:00
  Re: UP's Screaming Detectors on the Sunset Route,,WHY? UP Hogger 07-09-2008 - 09:27
  Re: UP's Screaming Detectors on the Sunset Route,,WHY? Q 07-10-2008 - 21:39
  Re: UP's Screaming Detectors on the Sunset Route,,WHY? Definitely NOTa U.P. fan 07-19-2008 - 15:17

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com