Re: Geary BRT sued
Author: david vartanoff
Date: 02-08-2017 - 12:00

despite all of BART's shortcomings, (we don't have all day) it gets me to places I want to access. As to Geary, Muni dropped the ball decades ago. Given their lame B(@%*^$!)RT plans and the intransigent dinosaur NIMBYS of outer Geary, jamming BART down Geary may be the only way to get real (rail) transit on that corridor. As to multi story tenements, there are many people who wish to live in SF. If you want them to live outside the county, then the other areas need to bulk up AND evolve enough of a "scene" to attract them. Equally necessary is genuine 24/7 RAPID transit deployed in a far more complete network so that one doesn't have to live in SF to enjoy the cultural events/venues. (I can remember leaving a Merle Haggard concert before he was finished because I needed to make the last BART train of the night and in that era AC Transit had abandoned owl service). Sadly, as NY MATA has recently shown, building rail rapid transit in the US has become like making toys for the DOD--mediocre crap riced like a custom RollsRoyce. That part of the problem is not going away anyime soon.

My tuppence

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Geary BRT sued synonymouse 02-07-2017 - 12:36
  Re: Geary BRT sued Espee99 02-07-2017 - 14:09
  Re: Geary BRT sued Espee2472 02-07-2017 - 14:16
  Re: Geary BRT sued synonymouse 02-07-2017 - 14:39
  Re: Geary BRT sued david vartanoff 02-08-2017 - 12:00
  Re: Geary BRT sued That Bus Guy 02-08-2017 - 19:34
  Re: Geary BRT sued mook 02-09-2017 - 08:57
  Re: Geary BRT sued synonymouse 02-09-2017 - 11:10
  Re: Geary BRT sued Espee2472 02-09-2017 - 11:19

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com