Re: ATSF Perris Depot-Explanation Accepted? Connection to OERM?
Author: BOB2
Date: 07-27-2017 - 09:49

Explanation accepted. It is a great original California Southern station, and one of the few cultural resources that Perris can claim, along with the OERM, and they are a major business draw on Fall and Spring weekends. It's too bad that RCTC has had such major cost overruns and delays on the 91 reconstruction (the project that ate Riverside Coutny...?)and can't afford to provide appropriate weekday services, and no weekend services at all to Perris..... Oh well...?

It's also too bad they haven't reconnected the tracks from the OERM across 79 to the depot. It would be great to reconnect a "cross platform" transfer from Metrolink, and someday have the kind of ML service that would enable Southern Californian's to visit OERM by train. Does anyone know the real status of that reconnection across 79 to the depot?

I've heard it is planned, but not funded, and I've heard that it's not? I've heard there is funding coming through "enhancement" funding to reinstall the crossing, I've heard that's nonsense?

I can't seem to find much "evidence" (Board minutes, funding lists, press releases, press articles, politicians promises.....) of anything on the status of this.

I know that several folks on Altamont have said it is coming, and I've heard others say that it will happen when pigs fly......

Does anyone know anything "real" about this? That might have some kind of credible source?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  ATSF Perris depot Jack T. Rabbit 07-26-2017 - 16:32
  Re: ATSF Perris Depot The Adult in the Room 07-26-2017 - 19:22
  Re: ATSF Perris Depot RVJ refugee 07-26-2017 - 21:13
  Re: ATSF Perris Depot-Stirring th e Pot? BOB2 07-27-2017 - 01:53
  Re: ATSF Perris Depot-Stirring th e Pot? T Robbins 07-27-2017 - 07:12
  Re: ATSF Perris Depot-Stirring th e Pot? Jack T. Rabbit 07-27-2017 - 08:02
  Re: ATSF Perris Depot-Explanation Accepted? Connection to OERM? BOB2 07-27-2017 - 09:49
  Re: ATSF Perris Depot-Explanation Accepted? Connection to OERM? Gerry Witt 07-27-2017 - 12:49
  Re: ATSF Perris Depot-Explanation Accepted? Connection to OERM? Tony Cz 07-27-2017 - 19:41
  Re: ATSF Perris Depot-Explanation Accepted? Connection to OERM? P 07-27-2017 - 22:40
  Re: ATSF Perris Depot-Explanation Accepted? Connection to OERM? BOB R 07-29-2017 - 09:47
  Re: Track Work-Track Workers, Volunteers, and Reality......... BOB2 07-29-2017 - 10:26
  Re: Track Work-Track Workers, Volunteers, and Reality......... BOB R 07-30-2017 - 19:58

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com