>
> > ents/
> >
> > Go to trolley coaches, Muni-SPUR-MTC planning
> > tardos.
>
>
> SF liberaltards! Higher fares now!

I have been a huge fan of electric trolley buses. I like how they look (even the Twin Coaches with their garish grills) and the fact that they work well on hilly terrain and are cleaner and quieter than conventional diesel buses and the zing sound of trolley poles on overhead wires. Whenever visiting the City, I usually one or two MUNI electric trolleybus lines. I have a book on Milwaukee's trolleybuses and a Milwaukee trolleybus poster. I have tried, unsuccessfully to convince the CEO of the transit agency for which I work as a planner to consider electric trolleybuses.

I also remember reading a number of years ago that residents in one area of San Francisco opposed a plan to electrify a bus route due objections of the visual impacts of overhead electric wires. I don't remember which route was proposed or how the issue was ultimately resolved. What I do know is that MUNI has not significantly expanded its network of electric trolleybuses and I am not aware of plans to do so. Nothing I've read suggests that was due to planners' decisions. Unless one of you provides evidence to the contrary, I am going to assume that political opposition to new electric lines in combination of operations' (and perhaps engineering or finance) staff dislike of the additional maintenance costs and efforts to maintain more miles of overhead wire are the reasons there are not more electric bus routes in the City.

It's really disingenuous for any conservative to use a discussion of public transportation to bash liberals. Conservatives have become stridently anti-transit. (Please don't bring up Paul Weyrich and William Lind. Mr. Weyrich is dead and Lind has not convinced conservatives and libertarians to stop their anti-transit efforts).

Specifically:

* An anti-transit agenda was inserted into the 2016 GOP platform

* Donald Trump has proposed eliminated the federal Capital Investment Grant Program for major transit projects

* The Koch Brothers provide major funding for the anti-transit Americans for Prosperity and helped to defeat a local referendum to increase funding for the Wichita transit system.

* During a debate about a measure to increase state funding for Pennsylvania's transit systems Pennsylvania State Representative Darryl Metcalf (an ultra conservative Republican) dismissed the measure as more welfare for Philadelphia.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Muni blows wind synonymouse 08-25-2017 - 09:59
  Re: Muni blows wind SF Libeltards 08-25-2017 - 11:18
  Transit Planners, etc... Urban Bus Liberal 08-26-2017 - 13:02
  Re: Transit Planners, etc... Western Addition 08-26-2017 - 17:46
  Re: Transit Planners, etc... synonymouse 08-26-2017 - 19:58
  Re: Transit Planners, etc... synonymouse 08-26-2017 - 20:16
  Re: Transit Planners, etc... I Know 08-26-2017 - 21:43
  Re: Transit Planners, etc... You Should Know 08-27-2017 - 00:48
  Re: Muni blows wind Brucie 08-25-2017 - 17:02
  Re: Mouse blows, others follow Just Sayin' 08-25-2017 - 17:17
  Re: Mouse blows, others follow Follow The Leader 08-25-2017 - 20:13
  Re: Mouse blows diesel fumes Just Sayin' 08-27-2017 - 06:33
  Re: Muni blows wind Hutchiebear 08-25-2017 - 20:13
  Re: Muni blows wind The Donald 08-26-2017 - 00:05
  Re: Muni blows wind Another Supporter 08-26-2017 - 10:05
  Re: Muni blows wind The Other Supporter View 08-26-2017 - 12:16

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com