Point Defiance Bypass/Nisqually now running Freights
Author: GN Goat
Date: 01-21-2018 - 00:35

1/16 Tuesday nite 11 PM saw a BNSF train (2 locomotives) heading north on the PDB line stopped at the South switch at Dupont Yard. Couldn't see if any cars behind it, too dark.

1/18 Thurs nite 11 pm, saw BNSF freight with 2 locomotives heading South about 25 mph I estimate (I was heading North). They were between the main JBLM crossing and Dupont/Steilacoom crossing. Had string of loaded cars.

Other comments/questions.

Each day I headed South last week on I-5 I would see Green signal at Thorne Lane crossing, another you can see near the crossing west of I-5 from the JBLM main gate. Then see a solid Yellow just before Dupont/Steilacoom road crossing. Then flashing yellow near the Center Drive onramp to I-5. Finally as you get past the Center Dr. on ramp you can see a Yellow over Flashing Red signal that is South of the Mounts Road exit. Sorry, I don't know the MP markers or cant see them, using I-5 info.

A previous post I asked about the Yellow/Red, a reply gave link for BNSF Signal Rules [signals.jovet.net]

Is BNSF testing the signals again to be sure they are working? I have only seen the two trains mentioned above. Haven't seen any crews working on the bridge, but there are still plywood sheets/forms up and can see new concrete that was installed.

I know in previous posts lots of speculation/theories on what happen but my question, was that Yellow/Flashing Red signal working the day of the accident or any comments made by NTSB?

Thanks in advance.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Point Defiance Bypass/Nisqually now running Freights GN Goat 01-21-2018 - 00:35
  Re: Signal indication question-? BOB2 01-21-2018 - 07:28
  Re: Point Defiance Bypass/Nisqually now running Freights Tom McCann 01-21-2018 - 21:13

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com