Re: White Pass &Yukon RR sold to Carnival Corp (cruise ship operator)
Author: John Bruce
Date: 06-07-2018 - 14:28

There are several options for riding now, including I believe a rail one way-bus the other to Carcross, YT. If you mean all the way to Whitehorse, I kinda doubt it. I rode the whole distance in 1981, and the best scenery is on the Skagway end, the ride between Carcross and Whitehorse less interesting. The whole market will be cruise ships. The issue is how much the operation will need to expand to accommodate much larger ships. I assume this would mean a ned for more seats per ship arrival, whether this means longer trains, more trains, more bus options, who knows?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  White Pass &Yukon RR sold to Carnival Corp (cruise ship operator) Graham Buxton 06-07-2018 - 05:19
  Re: White Pass &Yukon RR sold to Carnival Corp (cruise ship operator) Arlen Sheldrake 06-07-2018 - 08:25
  Re: White Pass &Yukon RR sold to Carnival Corp (cruise ship operator) John Bruce 06-07-2018 - 09:49
  Re: White Pass &Yukon RR sold to Carnival Corp (cruise ship operator) Don B 06-07-2018 - 11:17
  Re: White Pass &Yukon RR sold to Carnival Corp (cruise ship operator) Brian Westgate 06-07-2018 - 13:53
  Re: White Pass &Yukon RR sold to Carnival Corp (cruise ship operator) John Bruce 06-07-2018 - 14:28
  Re: White Pass &Yukon RR sold to Carnival Corp (cruise ship operator) Craig Tambo 06-07-2018 - 22:26

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com