Re: Nisqually Junction question
Author: Railbaron
Date: 05-26-2019 - 06:30

Damn, I promised myself I wouldn't go back here, BUT ---

Here's a novel idea - how about that engineer do his job, pay attention, and operate safely!!!

You know, everybody makes excuses, the crew "wasn't qualified", there was no PTC, and on and on and on.

If the engineer didn't feel comfortable not knowing the territory, he could have operated at a lower speed on his own to insure safety (the rule book even allows that). He had a timetable with speed restrictions listed so he should have known about that restriction. There are speed reduction signs 2 miles from the restriction so he had warning if he paid attention. Bottom line is he didn't do his job and I get tired of everybody making excuses for the guy.

In my 43 years on the railroad I operated a lot of places with no pilot and never having seen the territory beforehand - I never derailed because of speed or got fired for other violation. All it requires is paying attention.

Sorry to be so blunt but I get tired of nobody putting blame where it lies. All the crap about PTC, non-familiarity with the territory or locomotive are just excuses.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Nisqually Junction question pnw'er 05-24-2019 - 21:05
  Re: Nisqually Junction question Railbaron 05-25-2019 - 20:09
  Re: Nisqually Junction question DCA 05-25-2019 - 21:30
  Re: Nisqually Junction question Carol L Voss 05-25-2019 - 21:35
  Re: Nisqually Junction question Railbaron 05-26-2019 - 06:30
  Re: Nisqually Junction question WAF 05-26-2019 - 07:08
  Re: Nisqually Junction question Lost Cat 05-26-2019 - 14:18
  Re: Nisqually Junction question BN Oly 05-26-2019 - 22:52
  Re: Nisqually Junction question-It's your jovg to control the train, not the trains job to control you.... BOB2 05-27-2019 - 08:05
  Re: Nisqually Junction question-It's your jovg to control the train, not the trains job to control you.... Railbaron 05-27-2019 - 08:38
  Re: Nisqually Junction question-It's your jovg to control the train, not the trains job to control you.... WAF 05-27-2019 - 09:17
  Re: Nisqually Junction question-It's your job to control the train, not the trains job to control you....and dangerous cars??? BOB2 05-27-2019 - 15:18
  Re: Nisqually Junction question-It's your job to control the train, not the trains job to control you....and dangerous cars??? Nisqualified 05-27-2019 - 20:54
  Re: Nisqually Junction question-It's your job to control the train, not the trains job to control you....and dangerous cars??? david vartanoff 05-27-2019 - 21:21

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com