Re: BART and rail grinding-Poor Mouse-See there are adults working on it....
Author: BOB2
Date: 08-23-2019 - 02:19

Imagine that? Thanks, Commenter.

See there are, in fact trained adults, not just random unnamed BART riders, who are actually collecting and using lots of well calibrated "data" to make these improvements and modifications to reduce the noise on BART.

I was involved briefly, back at the dawn of this decade, with one of the groups critical of the CAHSRA in the Caltrain corridor, which put me in contact with one of the reporter's at the Mercury News, and I was not impressed by the reporters general knowledge of the subject he was covering or his questions.

I had the feeling though, that this reporter was looking for a certain "anti-rail" "spin" that I was unable to provide with my more mundane criticisms of the underlying assumptions, like the ludicrous operational and ridership assumptions, and the costly politically mandated "speed"options, which had been foisted on a voters, by the poor planning, and self serving consultant driven choices, that the largely unaccountable and out of control folks running the self serving/self promoting taxpayer supported "runaway money train" had made.

So my experience with the Mercury News journalist I spoke to back around 2011, on that particular rail issue, was a poor one.

To be fair, I also dropped my contacts with those Bay Area folks who had put the reporter on to me, since it became obvious to me, that they were more about a ranting nimby anti-rail "crusade", than in addressing the deficiencies, or with fixing the flawed CAHSRA fiasco. And, it also became clear to me that this was for reasons seeming to have more to do more with a campaign of "agitprop" aimed at milking the issue to get political "mileage" out of the controversy, than for providing more efficient and cost effective outcomes for taxpayers or the traveling public...

While politics can make for strange bedfellows, maybe I'm just a bit fussier than I used to be in my misspent youth, abut who I might end up waking up with in the morning, and what I might catch....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  BART rider says noise in new cars the same as before synonymouse 08-21-2019 - 20:00
  Re: BART rider says noise in new cars the same as before david vartanoff 08-21-2019 - 21:23
  Re: BART rider says noise in new cars the same as before Bob Dobbs 08-21-2019 - 22:25
  Re: BART rider says noise in new cars the same as before Eugene 08-21-2019 - 23:26
  Re: BART rider says noise in new cars the same as before FUD 08-22-2019 - 07:23
  Re: BART rider says space aliens ate Mouse's brain, but what does the "decibel level" data actual say? BOB2 08-22-2019 - 09:02
  Re: BART rider says space aliens ate Mouse's brain, but what does the "decibel level" data actual say? FUD 08-22-2019 - 20:21
  BART and rail grinding Commenter 08-22-2019 - 23:01
  Re: BART and rail grinding-Poor Mouse-See there are adults working on it.... BOB2 08-23-2019 - 02:19
  Re: BART and rail grinding FUD 08-23-2019 - 07:56
  Re: BART and rail grinding david vartanoff 08-23-2019 - 08:35

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com