Re: Electrifying News for Altamont-Wow where have I heard this? Right here on Altamont...? But, of course it's not "real" high speed...
Author: BOB2
Date: 09-01-2019 - 15:17

Look!

People looking at doing some things we might actually could use...?

What a concept in planning....? Who was it that said we need a longer tunnel under Altamont and that it was way more cost effective than Pacheco...

You will probably be informed shortly that mere 125 mph. trains, that might be affordably built in the life span remaining for our grandchildren, that actually meet our real travel needs, is not "real" high speed rail... It will then be time for our usual suspects to chime in with some gainsay about how this doesn't do what was "promised" to the trusting and well meaning voters they lied to when putting this measure together, so that we can only "legally" continue to build their version of "runaway money train", no matter the costs or actual benefits to the taxpayers.

If a majority of folks in a democracy, were hoodwinked, with false promises, through ignorance, and/or by fear, into voting for something stupid, don't they deserve a chance to correct it?

There is an odd viewpoint in the world today, that is also being used to justify this bloated fiasco, that seems to say, that if people foolishly voted to jump off of a cliff, that it is a mandate all of us must follow, for all of eternity...?

Now I know, it's probably just me again... But, I'd probably much prefer to let the folks who thought it was a good idea to vote to jump off of the cliff, go first, while I circulate the petition to repeal it. And, I figure, that by the time I get enough signatures, we "no" voters should be the "new" majority....

When folks do stupid things, or vote for idiots, or get hoodwinked with nonsense, even if it was the will of the "majority" (of that moment...), maybe they're allowed to a do-over, or course correction, especially when they have better information, and know better the consequences of their previous vote....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Electrifying News for Altamont Joe Cullum 09-01-2019 - 14:16
  Re: Electrifying News for Altamont-Wow where have I heard this? Right here on Altamont...? But, of course it's not "real" high speed... BOB2 09-01-2019 - 15:17
  Re: Electrifying News for Altamont-Wow where have I heard this? Right here on Altamont...? But, of course it's not "real" high speed... ron 09-01-2019 - 15:21
  Re: Electrifying News for ML? BOB2 09-01-2019 - 18:24
  Re: Electrifying News for Altamont Gavin 09-01-2019 - 15:22
  Re: Electrifying News for Altamont Clem 09-01-2019 - 23:16
  Re: Electrifying News for Altamont les 09-02-2019 - 04:55
  Re: You can't change anythign because the voter measurre is the :"law", immutable and unchanging, forever and ever ... BOB2 09-02-2019 - 05:15
  Re: You can't change anythign because the voter measurre is the :"law", immutable and unchanging, forever and ever ... FUD 09-02-2019 - 08:52
  Re: Electrifying News for Altamont Clem 09-02-2019 - 09:15
  Tech titans the big winners les 09-02-2019 - 09:39
  Re: Electrifying News for Altamont ... a plus if not CAHSR? FUD 09-02-2019 - 09:53
  Re: Electrifying News for Altamont ... a plus if not CAHSR? synonymouse 09-02-2019 - 10:03
  Re: Electrifying News for Altamont ... a plus if not CAHSR? FUD 09-02-2019 - 13:59
  Re: Electrifying News for Altamont ... a plus if not CAHSR? les 09-02-2019 - 14:29
  Re: Electrifying News for Altamont ... a plus if not CAHSR? Clem 09-02-2019 - 10:34
  Re: Electrifying News for Altamont ... a plus if not CAHSR? synonymouse 09-02-2019 - 10:46
  Re: Electrifying News for Altamont les 09-02-2019 - 12:29

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com