Re: Albuquerque diesel? Mouse lies again.... Not a word about diesel, CNG maybe? Or a CNG hybrid...
Author: BOB2
Date: 10-05-2019 - 07:49

Mouse, as usual, is spreading his typical "headline" load of utter horse crap.

Nothing in the article about diesel, only "non-electric" ( battery only???) alternatives to failed Chinese 60 foot bus. There are plenty of CNG hybrid, CNG, and fuel cell buses that do work just fine and now have maybe a few hundred million miles of reliable use. Hardly any transit operators are buying diesels anymore, the fuel and maintenance costs have turned out to be so much higher.

When I served on a technical committee that evaluated grants for advanced bus emission technologies in the 90's and 2000's I remember when the bus operators were mad as hell at me, with the new Tier III requirements, and the coming Tier IV tailpipe standards....

We don't specify "how" you get the crap coming out the tailpipe to meet standards, although it was becoming clear (as we've seen with diesel locomotives) that "diesel" is an inherently dirty fuel due to a number of factors, and that to refine ultra clean diesel makes it very expensive. So, it was becoming clear that CNG (way cleaner to start with) was a more likely candidate to (in the long run...) more cheaply and easily meet the tailpipe emissions standards for trucks and buses.

At that time gas wan not cheaper. And, all of the bus transit guys I was working with said Bob, don't you know that CNG is more expensive!!!! As late as the early 2000's it still was, then the price of CNG fell, and diesel continued to rise. Around 2004 I was at a conference on bus evacuations in emergencies, and we had a discussion session on bus fueling needs, and what kinds of CNG we needed... Where they all thanked me, as gas was already costing nearly half of what diesel had gone to during the Iraq War.

Today, with fracking, we have really cheap gas (if prices keep falling, Putin may even go bankrupt???). And today, almost every major based fleet in CA from buses, to bread trucks, to trash trucks are run on CNG. Now, we have CNG hybrids that are even cheaper to run and maintain. And, with things like 20% hydrogen ("hythane") blends, you can reduce CO2 emissions from CNG by another 30%, which we demonstrated over 15 years ago down at SunLine Transit.

Mouse, of course, uses AP to push these clever delusional memes to promote his "worldview" of vast evil conspiracies, which only Mouse is smart enough to uncover and warn us all about. And, Mouse uses titles like this one, in this case an outright "lie", to promote his unique brand of disinformation mostly to confirm his own delusions. Meanwhile, the more mundane real world goes on without any regard to what utter crap those voices, leaking through Mouse's tinfoil hat, tell him to post on AP....

Now, how about some CNG locomotive stories....?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Albuquerque prefers diesel synonymouse 10-04-2019 - 10:59
  Re: Albuquerque prefers diesel Reader 10-04-2019 - 12:07
  Re: Albuquerque prefers diesel ron 10-04-2019 - 12:17
  Re: Albuquerque diesel? Mouse lies again.... Not a word about diesel, CNG maybe? Or a CNG hybrid... BOB2 10-05-2019 - 07:49
  Re: Albuquerque diesel? Mouse lies again.... Not a word about diesel, CNG maybe? Or a CNG hybrid... FUD 10-05-2019 - 08:25
  Re: More on NG (LNG) locomotives FUD 10-05-2019 - 08:51
  Re: More on NG (LNG) locomotives - corrected link FUD 10-05-2019 - 08:59
  Bob2 reacts again Reader 10-05-2019 - 09:52
  Re: Bob2 reacts again Maybe you should look more closely at who from the agency actually said what... BOB2 10-05-2019 - 11:35
  Re: Bob2 reacts again, and again Reader 10-05-2019 - 15:48
  Re: Bob2 reacts again Maybe you should look more closely at who from the agency actually said what... That Bus Guy 10-05-2019 - 20:29
  Re: Bob2 reacts again Maybe you should look more closely at who from the agency actually said what... FUD 10-05-2019 - 23:04
  Re: Bob2 reacts again Maybe you should look more closely at who from the agency actually said what...addition FUD 10-05-2019 - 23:10
  Re: God forbid that I should base my conclusions on observation, right? BOB2 10-06-2019 - 07:26
  Re: God forbid that I should base my conclusions on observation, right? That Bus Guy 10-06-2019 - 19:59
  Bad Bob won't "sufficiently" acknowledge that natural gas has problems....not!. Just not sufficiently for your bit of editorial gainsay..... BOB2 10-07-2019 - 08:16
  So you understand That Bus Guy 10-07-2019 - 19:40
  Re: So you understand... Well, you know with us "out of date" dinosaurs... BOB2 10-08-2019 - 02:16
  Re: Albuquerque diesel? Mouse lies again.... Not a word about diesel, CNG maybe? Or a CNG hybrid... DMV 10-05-2019 - 10:20
  Re: Albuquerque prefers diesel Mouse Hunter 10-05-2019 - 14:43

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com