Re: Union Pacific Black Butte Sub Snow Operations Questions
Author: Matt C. Batryn-Rodriguez
Date: 01-16-2020 - 22:21

Thanks SP5103. I believe the job you are talking about is UP's LIM70. I was under the impression that they ran the Modoc three days a week, but I could be completely wrong there as it's been a long time since I caught them on anything other than a Sunday. I have shot them taking cars to Perez on Sundays twice in the last two years, but have also caught them turning at Tuber or Stronghold several times. If UP is now back to running all the way out to Alturas that would be a big change, and it may be time for another week day trip out there to shoot them.

I could see their power being "stolen" for snow service. UP does not tend to keep a lot of spare units in Klamath Falls from my observations.

Reading over various books it amazes me how much industry there used to be in K Falls and the vicinity. I think BNSF serves all the industries to the west of Lake Ewauna. I believe all of the trackage there is all ex-GN. From what I've been told BNSF operates two locals that work the industries there, and can on occasion meet at White Line Yard. I've yet to have any luck catching them.

Best regards,
~Matt

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Union Pacific Black Butte Sub Snow Operations Questions Matt C. Batryn-Rodriguez 01-16-2020 - 10:26
  Re: Union Pacific Black Butte Sub Snow Operations Questions SP5103 01-16-2020 - 15:51
  Re: Union Pacific Black Butte Sub Snow Operations Questions Matt C. Batryn-Rodriguez 01-16-2020 - 22:21

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com