Re:Oh my Yes -Troll who pulls it out....
Author: BOB2
Date: 01-29-2020 - 00:11

I've actually seen several contracts steered in my career, not by me, though.

I knew a former Mayor of the San Gabriel Valley city who used Federal Funds he was administering for a Senior food program, cash the checks into his personal account to show assets for a real estate deal, who intended to put them back, but the auditors got there first, and pleaded no contest.

I knew the County Supervisor who was caught with the $100,000 in the suitcase, the hooker, and the ounce of meth (he was celebrating his score).

So yeah, there's some real corruption. And, on many more occasions, I've seen the game "rigged" to support what some feel 'should be" be the "desired" outcome...

Hell, CAHSRA is a fiasco because of it is a product of a kind of "corruption" of the planning and programming processes, that have been used to justify the "theft' (through mismanagement and incompetence), then by creating a legal framework for it, with the Bond Measure performance requires that would justify this "whatever the cost" project.

On the other hand, most folks I've worked with at the various public transportation agencies for half of my career, aren't in any way corrupt, and would never engage in those kinds of behaviors. Although, there have been a couple of notorious exceptions I've encountered, mostly at a very senior level, who engaged in this behavior to kow-tow to some folks political "needs", as opposed to public "needs". Most rank and file folks I've worked with are often the ones who make these system work because they are honest professionals and do care.

Now, as to you troll with a many a clever handle. It sounds like you just pulled that claim of corruption straight out of your usual orifice, because that's been what appears to be your newest tactic lately on some of these posts, to stir the pot, with wild claims...

You probably have never worked in any responsible position in transit, either.

Maybe, the clever handles are the clue, and then there's pure bs that seems to burble out...

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Infrastructure scam synonymouse 01-28-2020 - 10:41
  Re: Infrastructure scam Oh my yes 01-28-2020 - 11:18
  Where the candidates stand on transportation Moving the U.S. toward a zero-emission future Actual Title 01-28-2020 - 12:33
  @ "Oh my Yes" That Bus Guy 01-28-2020 - 19:28
  Re: @ "Oh my Yes" Oh my yes 01-28-2020 - 20:15
  Re:Oh my Yes -Troll who pulls it out.... BOB2 01-29-2020 - 00:11
  Thumbs up to That Bus Guy TO Refugee 01-28-2020 - 20:16
  Re: Thumbs up to That Bus Guy FUD 01-31-2020 - 08:25
  @ synonymouse That Bus Guy 01-28-2020 - 19:35

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com