Re: Viva Las Vegas! The man who has always put the hype in hyperloop for me....
Author: FUD
Date: 10-18-2020 - 17:08

The Vegas tunnel is a glorified parking lot shuttle.

It was never intended to be a demonstration of anything other than Boring's ability to use a repurposed sewer machine to bore small tunnels that Tesla can run Model X's on Autopilot in. At least, it shouldn't have any trucks to drive under while in the tunnel, though if there's more than one vehicle in there at a time the "train control" could get interesting. I think they were planning, at one point, on using some kind of small (very small) shuttle bus.

Yes, he does space very well. Batteries, pretty good too, though with a lot of help from Panasonic.

Cars ... Tesla does make good cars in concept, but the delivery leaves some quality control to be desired, and the company makes money mainly because they sell a ton of EV pollution credits to other carmakers. Tesla's bookkeeping isn't precisely transparent about what actually generates the money - very general - but the carmaking operation though improving doesn't seem to be up to GM standards for generating operating income (not just revenue) yet. As for market value, that's based on more hype than hyperloop (yes, Musk can be entertaining if you're into that kind of schtick); not the first time something like that has happened, but I wouldn't be "investing" money I can't afford to lose in the company. I prefer (at this stage in life) to invest in companies that actually pay dividends, or are making money from actual production such that they could if they wanted to.

If Hyperloop were done right, it would basically be maglev in an evacuated tube, so it could go much faster than a normal running-in-atmosphere maglev. But it's not maglev, despite using linear induction for propulsion. (headscratch?) And looking at it I keep wondering about its provenance - did Musk read Pohl & Williamson't Starchild Trilogy and channel the subtrains?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Future tunnel space for Las Vegas Homeless Pdxrailtransit 10-17-2020 - 14:14
  Re: Future tunnel space for Las Vegas Homeless defund the city council 10-17-2020 - 15:00
  Las Vegas Hyerloop abc 10-18-2020 - 10:01
  Re: Las Vegas Hyerloop Ms. Pasternak 10-18-2020 - 11:19
  Re: Las Vegas Hyerloop Pdxrailtransit 10-18-2020 - 11:36
  Re: Las Vegas Hyerloop Ms. Pasternak 10-18-2020 - 13:09
  Re: Viva Las Vegas! The man who has always put the hype in hyperloop for me.... BOB2 10-18-2020 - 13:35
  Re: Viva Las Vegas! The man who has always put the hype in hyperloop for me.... FUD 10-18-2020 - 17:08
  Re: Viva Las Vegas! The man who has always put the hype in hyperloop for me.... BOB2 10-18-2020 - 20:06
  Re: Viva Las Vegas! The man who has always put the hype in hyperloop for me.... Daryl the Deaf Guy 10-19-2020 - 08:28

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com