Re: Viva Las Vegas! The man who has always put the hype in hyperloop for me....
Author: BOB2
Date: 10-18-2020 - 20:06

The problem with going "super fast" on a guideway like this with a relatively short distance between the handful of stations there is no opportunity to use it... We have not repealed the laws of gravity and therefore people riding in the vehicle can only stand a certain rate of acceleration without wearing G-suits... All of that extra energy expended in this application then has to be dissipated to stop at the next station, with the reverse G-force issue. And worse, if these stops are only located at a mile or two apart, then the times savings to "average speed" become minimal for the much more expensive marginal capital and operating/energy costs. The huge investment in speed just isn't worth it, and with any kind of transit application, the need to stop and serve "destinations" slows the average speed, making this kind of theoretical speed kind of a waste.

Musk had started hyping hyperloop back before I retired. it is sometimes a system that somehow magically "levitates" (but isn't necessarily "maglev""); sometimes it doesn't magically levitate; it is always a "clean" transportation "system"; it always goes very very super fast; it is always going to be way way faster than driving in every application; sometimes there's a version where you are delivered down in a magic elevator in your Tesla to an underground station, where it is put on a magic sled and whisked directly to your stop (sidings?, exact timing?, more "magic"?); sometimes in a glorified shuttle bus in a small bore tunnel; and there are no answers on how you handle the issues with how you load or take off passengers, except of course for that magic elevator that loads your Tesla on the sled....

I've seen every variant above "hyped" over the last ten years.... And, no real questions ever really answered, as I told several interested/intrigued clients. It's not "hype" you see, it's just that "boring" details aren't apparently that important, thus, making answering them, more difficult... So we'll just have to see... VIVA Las Vegas!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Future tunnel space for Las Vegas Homeless Pdxrailtransit 10-17-2020 - 14:14
  Re: Future tunnel space for Las Vegas Homeless defund the city council 10-17-2020 - 15:00
  Las Vegas Hyerloop abc 10-18-2020 - 10:01
  Re: Las Vegas Hyerloop Ms. Pasternak 10-18-2020 - 11:19
  Re: Las Vegas Hyerloop Pdxrailtransit 10-18-2020 - 11:36
  Re: Las Vegas Hyerloop Ms. Pasternak 10-18-2020 - 13:09
  Re: Viva Las Vegas! The man who has always put the hype in hyperloop for me.... BOB2 10-18-2020 - 13:35
  Re: Viva Las Vegas! The man who has always put the hype in hyperloop for me.... FUD 10-18-2020 - 17:08
  Re: Viva Las Vegas! The man who has always put the hype in hyperloop for me.... BOB2 10-18-2020 - 20:06
  Re: Viva Las Vegas! The man who has always put the hype in hyperloop for me.... Daryl the Deaf Guy 10-19-2020 - 08:28

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com