Re: Since there was a choice implied in that response, I'll take the gators....
Author: BOB2
Date: 11-23-2020 - 09:50

DoubleTrackWimpBusGuy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He is "swamp" perfect for D.C.
>
> $425,016 a year in compensation to chase off
> ridership with a laissezfaire s-hole admin
> policy.
>
> JOHN Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> [www.latimes.com]
>
> >
> 0/phil-washington-l-a-metro-bidens-transition-team
>
> > -transportation-policy

Is that my only choice? Is it one where I have to choose between a swimming in a swamp, versus swimming in the present infectious septic tank...? I'll risk swimming with the alligators....

It's interesting that Biden in several areas has steered away from politico's (and their own various factional, ideological, and/or careerist "baggage") and toward the technocrats who have had experience with managing these "processes" (without particular factional, ideological, and/or very obvious political career ambitions of their own). It's just a radical change from what we've seen lately.... Some of Biden's foreign policy and defense names are in the same "low profile"/"less political" technocrats.

I think that there are some upsides for CA with Phil's experience. He did finally drive off some really incompetent political managers at LACMTA. He has gotten us LAUPT run through, and does seem to understand how screwed up CAHSRA is, although has wisely not waded into that septic tank... He is not beholden to certain NorCal Democratic factions or Senators.... He's ridden a lot of Amtrak, like Biden has...

Does this mean the glass is half empty, is the glass half full, or is the glass just twice as big as it needs to be...?

Cabinet and Under Secretaries will be important clues about what Biden thinks he can get done and wants to prioritize with domestic policy related to transportation.

As the Zen master says: "We'll see"....?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  PHIL WASHINGTON PROMOTION JOHN 11-23-2020 - 08:58
  So he can F the nation the same way he shafted LA DoubleTrackWimpBusGuy 11-23-2020 - 09:17
  Re: Since there was a choice implied in that response, I'll take the gators.... BOB2 11-23-2020 - 09:50
  You can lick if you want... Measure Monster 11-23-2020 - 11:26
  Re: You can lick if you want... Speaking of which? BOB2 11-23-2020 - 14:17
  Speaking of what? Measure M (onster) 11-23-2020 - 16:34
  Re: PHIL WASHINGTON PROMOTION That Bus Guy 11-23-2020 - 19:07
  Re: PHIL WASHINGTON PROMOTION Tit for Tat 11-23-2020 - 19:33
  Re: PHIL WASHINGTON PROMOTION That Bus Guy 11-24-2020 - 19:22
  PHIL WASHINGTON BUS GHOUL-Hope you don't get stabbed with a screwdriver 11-23-2020 - 19:45
  Re: PHIL WASHINGTON BUS GHOUL-Hope you don't get stabbed That Bus Guy 11-24-2020 - 19:27

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com