Re: You can lick if you want... Speaking of which?
Author: BOB2
Date: 11-23-2020 - 14:17

Measure Monster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "He has gotten us LAUPT run through,"
>
> Show them to me!
>
> How about the 1.9 mile tax sucking downtown ditch
> delay?
>
> Maybe I should ask old man SanTana who lays around
> waiting for long promised dressing.
>
> Maybe the fareless 5150 that slimes the bus/LRV
> seats knows how great Mr."Monna" Phil W. is.
>
> I know which way B#2 thinks the glass holds
> liquid...the next four will be his train (bus)
> funding glee!
>
> For the rest of us, a bottomless pit of
> in/stag-flat-strain.
>
> It sure would be nice to take a reverse weekend
> commute eastway.
>
> Time for more liquid.

You poor little thing.... Lot's of stuff to do, especially with commute, and on weekend service when real life restarts next year... Back on earth, the poor due diligence in proper sub surface problems, and choice of fixed bid versus design build, on the downtown connector was before Phil.

On the negative side he's gone forward with the bus restructuring, and improving the current state of on board sanitation, and maintaining "vigilance" on security and sanitation issues and problems hasn't been dealt with very well.

I think that the project management, and level of planning on the Subway extension might be a better example of a project mostly done on Phil's watch, which has used the Covid to actually accelerate construction timetables during the shutdown, completing a years worth of potential incremental closures, in around 4 months, saving time and money, with the traffic levels down, as well.... I ain't seen any of that kind of innovation with the CHSRA fiasco....

But, since I suspect you haven't actually taken Metro in a while (ever?), there seem to be not nearly as many homeless riding and/or hanging out in station areas. I suspect some of this is because of "temporary" Covid housing, as I've seen this in a local park that had attracted a good sized midday homeless crew, that are now gone... And maybe, because of a higher visibility of on-board personnel doing cleaning, and/or enforcement of mask requirements, and/or the lighter passenger loads on three car trains for spacing, that actually make it harder for the homeless to "hide in the crowd" on a full train.

I would also note that most, if not all, of the folks riding that I've experienced are more compliant and courteous, than some of these doorknob licking fools you run into....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  PHIL WASHINGTON PROMOTION JOHN 11-23-2020 - 08:58
  So he can F the nation the same way he shafted LA DoubleTrackWimpBusGuy 11-23-2020 - 09:17
  Re: Since there was a choice implied in that response, I'll take the gators.... BOB2 11-23-2020 - 09:50
  You can lick if you want... Measure Monster 11-23-2020 - 11:26
  Re: You can lick if you want... Speaking of which? BOB2 11-23-2020 - 14:17
  Speaking of what? Measure M (onster) 11-23-2020 - 16:34
  Re: PHIL WASHINGTON PROMOTION That Bus Guy 11-23-2020 - 19:07
  Re: PHIL WASHINGTON PROMOTION Tit for Tat 11-23-2020 - 19:33
  Re: PHIL WASHINGTON PROMOTION That Bus Guy 11-24-2020 - 19:22
  PHIL WASHINGTON BUS GHOUL-Hope you don't get stabbed with a screwdriver 11-23-2020 - 19:45
  Re: PHIL WASHINGTON BUS GHOUL-Hope you don't get stabbed That Bus Guy 11-24-2020 - 19:27

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com